The Apocalypse | Teen Ink

The Apocalypse

By Solizma BRONZE, Holmdel, New Jersey
Solizma BRONZE, Holmdel, New Jersey

"The only thing worse than not winning is losing."-Anonymous Source

The Apocalypse

As I woke up, I smelt an unusual smell. A smell of fire, burning metal, and industrial materials. Why? I do not know. So far, all I know is that I live in New York and I am 13 years old. As I rise out of my bed everything looks bleak, dreary, and unsanitary. The floor is no longer the shiny wood, but a brown, almost rotted wood. I walked out of bed and started to dress. What I heard was a very rude awakening, screams from down the road. I realized my family was missing. I started to become frightened. My hands were trembling. As I walked out of the room, the whole house seemed to creak and whine. What I was about to witness shocked me for the rest of my life. Cars up in flames, enormous industrial factories in ruins, homeless people, and looters. I did not know what to do. I felt like I was in a daze. As I started to walk through the cruel, foreign town everything got worse. Buildings decimated. Debris, everywhere. Death everywhere. I started to wonder, where, when, and what is this. I tried to picture this place in my mind, and relate it to a place I have seen in my memory. The only place I could recall is a map in one of my fighting games. The time of day was pretty much unrecognizable. The sky was grey and blackened with smoke. I kept on walking and a tattered newspaper flew and stuck to my face. I started to read it...

“Bomb hits, once known civilization, gone...”
Date: March 25th, 2043.

I started to scream. Scream as loud as I could. I screamed so loud until everything went black.

I woke up screaming and my parents comforting me around my bed. I was too stunned for words. However, all I cared was that everything was back in place.

After I settled down, I wondered if there was anything I could do to prevent this from happening. Was it even real? Should I alert someone, or should I just forget the whole thing? I decided to let time unravel itself, for now.

Whenever I have to write a short story it's usually scary and has an odd twist at the end. I thought that I'd add another twist halfway through.

on Dec. 5 2009 at 10:59 am
WriterA.M. PLATINUM, Denver, Colorado

"Ignore corruption and achieve perfection"- me

Cool, your story is kind of like my book that I'm working on. Except in my story the war actually is happening.

Arluanna PLATINUM, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

“Mwahahahahaha! Now you are mine, Lesley-Bird, finally, at last, in my... oh, drat, forgot it had wings...”

-Phil, the youngest Kalins Uzin

Very nicely written! it's a good detail and concept