Sprig | Teen Ink

Sprig

October 18, 2009
By Taylor Walders BRONZE, Rochester, New York
Taylor Walders BRONZE, Rochester, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Corporeal, she was, floating delicately towards the bedside of young Silvain Sprig, a boy whose age could not be more than thirteen years. Although, fantastical in image her touch was indeed solid as she bestowed it on the length of the boy’s arm. Eyes fluttered, feet stirred, but the boy only wakened half-way. Half asleep, however, was the only time you could see the woman, which now stood by his bedside, clearly. In those few moments where phantasm and subsistence collide and seemingly blend into a whole new world of colors, the lady, for that was what she was, could be seen in incisive detail. Glowing locks of white, but not the color of age, cascaded down the length of her back only to find solace in the crook where back meets thigh. Her eyes were a deep green, deep in color and substance, so instead of glowing and forcing light out they seemed to invite more color, more beauty into their recesses. Eyes and hair remained her outstanding features as the rest of her body was pale and smooth, the only exception being her nose and chin.

Silvain stared serenely before making an utterance that was not, at first, decipherable. Then as he began to awake further his words grew less hazy, but the woman’s image grew more.

“You haunt my dreams, and now you must haunt me in life?”

The author's comments:
I loved literature, and writing has always been a beloved past time, but recently words had failed me. I'd hit the sinister writer's block, and for weeks none of my written works progressed in the slightest. At first I let myself despair but then I began to draw in ideas, formulate a storm in my brain as I drew on the world around me. Everything from clouds and trees to the music I listened to. Nothing was solid, however, but I knew that when I sat down it would come spilling out so that is what I did. This is the product of that, and I genuinely like how it turned out. I hope to continue on with this story, so you may possibly see more posts in the future.
Thank you for reading.