The Vampire's Curse

Things always happen for a reason, right? Sometimes that reason is not always clear at the time, but there must be one for everything that happens. I am wondering what the reason is for him coming into my life. Well, "him" or "it" would both be good words to describe him/it. He is not a normal eighteen-year-old guy. He is a vampire.

It was just an ordinary day in my town. Rainy, just the way I liked it. I was driving to my best friend's house. I probably could have walked there, but i needed to see him quickly. The reason: he analyzes my dreams.

Jamie has always asked me what I had dreamed about the night before. My answers are usually Robert Pattinson or me becoming a famous writer.

The dream I had last night, though, was different.

I pulled into his driveway and I saw the front door open. He was walking out, smiling.

"What now?" he asked playfully.

"I'm freaking out, Jamie," I told him. "I had this really, really weird dream, and it's freakin' me out."

"Oh, calm down," he said. "Come on." He motioned for me to follow him towards the park.

I followed.

"So what was your dream about?" he asked.

I sighed. "Well it started out cool. I was sitting on my couch next to some goth-looking guy. We were talking about music, and then he said, 'I have just claimed you.'" I mimicked in a low voice.

"Okay, if this turns into some dirty dream of yours..." he trailed off making a face. He was obviously kidding.

"Can I please finish?" I asked impatiently.

"Continue," he said, going to sit on a swing.

"Okay, so we were on the couch, and he said that, and then he came closer to me and..." I trailed off.

"And...?" Jamie asked.

"I forget."

"And how was that freaky?"

"Because I keeps seeing him," I said. "Every time I look out my window, I see him standing there, with this wicked grin on his face. And he had fangs."

"Huh." was all Jamie said.

I waited for him to finish thinking about it.

"Okay," he said after a minute. "I think it was just a freak-thing. I don't really know if there is a meaning to it."

That was a first.

"Don't get freaked about it. I think your mind is just playing tricks on you." he told me.

"Yeah, well, I am known to be an idiot sometimes," I said smiling.

"You got that rite."

We sat on the swings for a few more minutes. It was raining, but we really didn't care. Well, I didn't, at least. I don't know about him.

I was looking around the park, when I saw him again. He was standing on top of the dug-out that was off to the side of the baseball diamond. He was holding something shiny in his hand, dangling it in front of his face.

It was the necklace my grandma had given me before she died.

I gasped. Jamie turned his head to where I was looking, but by then he was gone.

"What?" he asked. There was a worried look on his face.

"I saw him again."

He was laughing at me. "You got me. I actually thought something was wrong!"

I tried to smile. "Yeah. Got ya."

13islucky said...
This is soooooooooo cool i love it!!

vAmPgIrL21 replied...
Thanks! Your feedback means a lot to me. I literally just sat down at the computer one day and typed it and submitted it without even reading over it. I recently submitted a second part so keep an eye out for it!

13islucky replied...
Yeah i just read the second part its really cool ur really talented for being able to rite it down so as soon as you think it up

vAmPgIrL21 replied...
Thanks! I just replied to your comment on the second part because I didn't realize you posted a comment on here too. Sorry! And thank you! Your encouragement means a lot to me.

13islucky replied...
Thanks keep writing more! I'm exited to read the rest of your story

pierceba said...
OMG EMY!! ur a REALLY GOOD writer. this story is AMAZING!! ur really talented!! :)

vAmPgIrL21 replied...
thnx, bethy! i seriously just made it up rite on th spot. i just submitted a sequel and it's in th process of being posted. i'm gonna make ths like a long stry. i'm excited! u havta read my other writings on thursday or friday or wenevr i c u!

pierceba said...
OH MY JESUS EMY!! u are an amazing writer!! this story is amazing!!! u really have some talent.....lol. :)

pndze said...
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know who read this that I am aware of my spelling mistakes. I just wrote this right on the spot and didn't really take much time to look over it. Please, if you read this, will you comment and rate it? I really would like some feedback. Thanks!
-Emily (emilypndz)
PS. I'm gonna change my username, but it'll still be me!

lexi<3 said...
dudeeeee!!!!! you nevr told me about these, u poophead!!!!!! lol. =)i luvv this and im gonna yell at you for not writing more wen i c u wenevr!!!!!!!!! ths is soo cooooool!!!!! yay. =)>

lexi<3 replied...
oh, ps. im the first ppl to comment on ths! im speshul. jk. ((yes, u r goin to get tired of my comments on her =) lol ))

pndze replied...
u spelled here wrong, genious. jk. i ddnt tell u bout this kuz i ddnt kno! ur th poophead! lol! i hope more ppl comment other than a person i c every single day! jk.