Just Another Average Freak | Teen Ink

Just Another Average Freak

When people hear the words Alexis Adams, the words who is that again is often repeated after it. I don't mind, I like to blend in, even though people seem to notice me at the worst times like when I'm talking to empty air, well to everyone else it looks like empty air. But unfortunetly to me I see the dead, no not zombies more along the line of ghosts, spirits, the living dead whatever you want to call them. Me personally a pain in my a**.

The ability didn't just appear one day, there's plenty of those annoying home videos of me talking to someone who doesn't seem to be there, and my father just thought it was so cute, that I had imaginary friends. Not that he would have though if he had met a couple of these ghosts who like to inhabitant my bedroom, backyard, school, or random places I visit. Trust me trying to get a job, and having an annoying ghost going off in your ear is one of the most aggravating things in the world.

Like I said before I don't stand out not in the least bit, I'm not extrodinarly beautiful like most girls you read about, I'm just the plain jane, girl next door who also doubles as a freak. My black hair reaches my shoulders, and is usually thrown up in a messy bun as I'm running out the door. My eyes ehh they are a green hazel kinda thing that no one seems to look into. I stand to 5'5 I know it's average, that's what everything about me is average. People don't understand me when I quote books Ive read or movies Ive seen, then again they usually point and laugh anyway what was another reason.

"Alex, Alex answer me d*mn it." My best friend was looking down at him. Oddly enough he was one of those guys that could date any girl he wanted too. He had the looks and the charming personality that made girls everywhere hold thier breath and stick out thier chests when he walked by. I on the other hand grew up with him, showing him my body when he played 'doctor'. I don't want to hear anything about that I was five and he was seven. He was the dirty minded one in that situation.

"I just got hit in the head, and your yelling at me. Great way to help the headache." I said lefting a hand giving him a thumbs up, sarcastically as I sat up. He hit me in the back of the head. "What have I told you about running after ghosts in the middle of the night?" Cody asked me in his scolding voice. "I didn't say you had to follow after me Cody." I said stubbornly. Nothing he ever said ever lasted more than three seconds in my head. In one ear and out the other. "Some one has to be around to clean up your mess." he said with one of those charming smile that would melt any girl's heart, and I'm not going to act like I'm immune to his powers. Trust me Cody is the kind of guy I would love to have, but hey who would want to be with a freak.

I stood up starting back towards the dark green Jeep Cherokee I knew was parked somewhere around the old cementary. Cody chuckled shaking his head, he wrapped an arm around my waist steering me towards the car. "I knew that I was just seeing if you did." I said trying to put on a know it all smile, that was quickly wiped off when a wave of pain shuddered through my body. I hated exorcisms, but hey someone had to do it. I just don't see why it has to be me.

"I'm taking you to the hospital." Cody said after helping me in the car. I groaned there was nothing wrong with me I had just recieved a little bump to the head. "Then my dad will find out that Ive been down to the old deserted house he told me not to go near, and then I'll be grounded. Just take me home." I argued. Even if I did get grounded I would most likely just sneak out of the window, and have Cody meet me at the end of the street. "Then your not doing another exorcism. They can find someone else to do it." He said sternly, actually thinking I was going to listen.

"Alright Cody you win." I said just to make him shut up I had a killer headache. And then I thought about my bag, it was new. Then again not many people carried chicken blood in a new bag. I groaned reaching in the glove box of the Cherokee popping a couple of tylenol. "Hows our science project coming along?" I asked changing the subject. I always did the research, Cody shifted through the thousands of facts I gave him writing out the paper, and got the demonstration together. He looked at me and smirked. "It's finished ready to go to class tomorrow, atleast a B."

I smiled. "You are a god." I said, and leaned over kissing his cheek as he stopped infront of my house. "Be here at 7 in the morning?"
Cody smiled. "Always." he said with a nod.

quirkysoutherngirl BRONZE, Bayou La Batre, Alabama
Thank you! And I'm waiting for the second part to be approved now...

evie428 BRONZE said...
evie428 BRONZE, Ontario, Other

"Writing a novel is not merely going on a shopping expedition across the border to an unreal land: it is hours and years spent in the factories, the streets, the cathedrals of the imagination."

Cool . . . I really like this! I want to read the rest! Are you going to post it?

Book Addict said...
Love this!! I'm totally into the paranormal--i know that makes me sound like a total freak, but whatever!--haha, i want to read the rest of this! You have to keep writing!