Just The Beginning | Teen Ink

Just The Beginning

Before tonight I didn’t know that my life was about to change. I didn’t know that my boyfriend was going to leave me. And I didn’t know, he would try to kill me before he left. What I mean is Drew Bakers is on the run, from me as well as a group of hunters. What do they hunt? Well men like Drew.

We were kissing, deep, rough, passionately. It was getting dark outside and I knew he would have to leave soon, something inside me though told me to stay on top of him. I did, and I deepened the already passionate kiss by sticking my tongue into his mouth and wrestling his tongue. The kiss left me light-headed, at this time I wanted to pull back, tell him to stay the night. I knew he would protest, I knew there would be nothing I could do to stop his leaving just before the moon showed itself. I would nod and let him go, missing him before the door even closed.

Not tonight I thought, tonight would be different, I took his attention away from his gentlemanly duty of leaving me wanting. It was May 27th of 2010, I knew there’d be a full moon tonight. I was curious, and to be honest I thanked the higher powers I wasn’t a cat. For obvious reasons.

Drew rolled us over, he was between my legs as he came down to kiss me again, he bit my neck. A moan - pleasurable at that - erupted from my throat as I writhed beneath him. It must have snapped him out of his wanting for me because he pulled back. I looked deeply into his eyes, they were no longer the hazel green ones I’d fallen crazy for, but more of a blood red yearning brown. I gasped in horror as he jumped off of the bed. “An- Andrea…” He sputtered out running his fingers through his hair before looking out of the window.

“Babe, I have to get home. I have to errands to run in the morning.” He said looking back at me, not in longing anymore. He looked pained. Slowly I rose, fixing my boxers as I crawled across the bed to hug his back. “Drew why don‘t you stay?” I asked pressing my cheek into his back. He shrugged me off as he grabbed his jacket and rounded the bed to leave. “Drew why don‘t you ever stay with me?” I demanded. I wanted to know, I needed to. Hell, I deserved to know. Drew looked back at me and smiled, his straight teeth growing longer. “Andrea, ” He started, holding his hand out. “Look, I just think we should wait before I stay the night..”

I was amused by the statement. “Drew we‘ve known each other for how long? And we‘ve been together for two years. Don‘t you think we‘ve waited long enough?” Drew kissed me before looking back to the window again. “I just have to go Andi , please understand.” I looked into his eyes once again, they were starting to glow an ominous yellow. “I have to go.” He growled, kissing my cheek. “I love you Andi.” I sighed, grabbing at his jacket and pulling him to me. “Don‘t go tonight Drew.” I pleaded kissing him hard. I felt the growl before it before it actually came out. Drew through me backwards

Drew fell to the ground, he writhed as he grew larger, my boyfriend wasn’t a big man to begin with but now that I watched his form grow I was terrified. “Dr-Drew?” I muttered scooting as far away as I could. He growled loudly as he tore the skin from his body. It dissolved into soot, burning into my floorboards as more skin replaced it. I screamed in terror as my back hit the wall. Drew tore the rest of his skin away, bristled fur sprouting where the muscle should have been. The words came out as a curious whisper. “What the f***?”

Drew stood, well the beast form of Drew stood hands clenched in claws as he took a step forward. A deep growl rippling from his lungs. “Dre… Drew, hunny you can’t do this.” I managed to spit out before he took another ominous step forward.

More is to come soon.

Archaium SILVER, Bakersfireld, California

But Tramps Like Us, Baby We Were Born To Run...

Thank you so very much and as I stated, more is to come.

JazzPaws said...
love it! it had a great hook and great detail!