The Voice

The Voice

Hello my name is Ashley and i have a spooky story to tell you. A long time ago, when i was three, I got a stuffed rabbit for Christmas. I named it Hopper. Well as I grew up, I left him in the closet. One day when I came home from College. There was a strange noise coming from the closet. So I went and opened. AH!!! I screamed. I had passed out on my floor. Then about two hours later. I opened my eyes and I saw hopper leaning over me asking if i was okay.

I asked "How can you talk? Your a stuffed animal."

"I am a magical bunny. I can also sing. Would you like to hear?" said Hopper.

" No, I don't want to hear a stuffed animal talk or sing so just get out of here now!!!!!!!!!" I said. So hopper took off walking, I said" Hopper you can stay. Its kinda cool having a stuffed rabbit that can talk."

" Thank you miss Ashley. I am so grateful," said hopper.

"Dude its cool.You can meet Austin," I said.

"Who's Austin?"asked Hopper.

"Austins my fiance! We are getting married June 3rd of 2018," I said

"Oh, can I be the ring bunny?" He laughed.

"Hold on my phones ringing. Its probably Austin," I said.

I answered the phone."hello?"

"Hey,baby. Its Austin,"Austin said

"Oh, hey babe. You on your way home yet?" i said.

"Yea. I'm pulling in now I got you a present," He said.

" Oh cool!!" I ran outside and Austin picked me up and hugged me.

He said" I love you baby,"

I said" I love you to babe." Then he kissed me and we walked inside. I had totally for got about hopper because Austin had been in Iraq for the past five months. When we got inside Shyann , my American bulldog, came running up. Knocked Austin down.

Austin said "Hey buddy you've grown so much," Then he started crying, of course I did too.

I told Austin "We've missed you so much. tomorrow I'll call in to work so we can spend it together and see the family. Is that Ok with you?"

He said," I'm only here for one night then i go back. I wish i could just drop out of being in the army sometimes. but when I'm helping save peoples lives you love being a hero. I have a question."

" Whats is it?" I said with a smile.

"Are you gaining weight?" He said curious.

"I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!! Going on eight months," I said with a huge smile.

"OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be a daddy?????" he said in tears.

"Yea I'm naming her Kristen," I said.

"What do I not have a say in what to name her?" he said.

"You do but I want her name to be Kristen and I want you in the delivery room," I said. It's was quite for a minute. Then we heard a rush of water. I looked down. " MY WATER JUST BROKE!!!!!!!!! HURRY GRAB MY BAG FROM THE COUCH AND GO GRAB HOPPER FROM OUR ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed. I went to the car and got in then here came Austin with Hopper. We rushed to the hospital. We got there and i went in to labor.........................

Two hours later......... We had a baby girl. We ended up naming her Shelby Lynn Reneau after Austins sister. She is 9lbs 6oz. She's 12in. long. She likes hopper a lot. She won't let him go. But she has a head full of black hair just like her dad. She has pretty blue eyes also like her dad. But she'll have the attitude like her mom. Its eight in the morning and we are going shopping for Shelby. were going to baby r us first. Oh did I tell you Austins done being recruited now he gets to stay home with me and Shelby all day. They called last night and said they found some one else to take his place and they were over joyed about Shelby. Well were heading to Austin's dads house so he can see Shelby. He's going to be so happy he has three grand kids now. Austin's sister, Shelby, has two little boys. Were pulling in the driveway now.

"Here comes grandpa" I said to Shelby. Austin's dad grabbed her out of the car and gave her lovings and said"Welcome in to this world baby girl." Then he hugged me and said congratulations.
Austin hugged me and said "she the most beautiful girl in the world."

"Thanks I'm getting ready to be your wife your supposed to think I'm the most beautiful girl in the world!!" I laughed.

He said" your my most important and special girl in the world and you know I love you and you are the most beautiful girl in the world she the most beautiful daughter in the world. Your my baby and you always will be but i have to love her too." "I know i just want you to love me too. Because we've been together since I was in sixth grade. That's a long time." I said.

"Yea, it has been a long time. What, going on fifteen years?"He said.

"Yea. Its fifteen on your birthday. The day we get married. Two more weeks. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

"SHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! your hurting Shelby's ears. I love you Ashley Rose Prewett." He said. " I love you too, Austin Robert Reneau!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now its June 3rd the day I get married. I'm at the church getting ready and Austin walks in and says"Baby?" "Yea." I said. " We can't get married today." he said. "WHAT?!?!?!? Why?" I said.

"I was called back to Iraq. I'm leaving in a hour. I'm so sorry. I know you really wanted to get married on my birthday. I thought it would be cool." he said. "Now you don't get your present." I said. "What was it?" He said.

" It was me being yours forever. Well let me get out of my dress and we'll go home so you can get ready to leave." I said. So we went home and Austin left. Its been three years since we last saw him. All the sudden my phone started ringing. "Hello?" i said. "Ashley, Its Bob your husbands recruitist. well i have some bad news for you." He said.

"Yes, what is it?" I said, " Um... Its hard for me to tell you but your husband was killed by a tank." So, Shelby and I have been on our own for quite sometime now. Were doing pretty good. Shelby's three now and misses her daddy dearly. She crys every night. She always asked god why did he take him from her. Well were doing fine. So were go on with our life.

TheLiberalist said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 1:52 pm:
I liked it :D and every story can always use work. I think it was great

remembermeplzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:19 am:
the story line is great.but the execution could need some work. is the girl telling a story, writing a letter?it was kind of confusing because I had no idea how she was telling it.

SueMeI'mCynical said...
You are trying to write, complaining about how you should be treated nicely and yet you are using "What now" as a rebuttle. Honestly if you would like to be treated fairly, act a bit mature. Spell checking your story would have done miracles for one thing, if you are going to take the time to publish it on to a website, do us all a favor and use spell check. I believe this statement is constructive, criticism and fair.

SueMeI'mCynical replied...
Dec. 7, 2011 at 12:01 am :
Plus, why is this in the Sci-fi/fantasy section in the first place? All it had was a talking rabbit....

Draglea123 said...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:08 am:
You guys need to take it easy on her, She just started writing. Look up what constructive critisism is or imagine your telling a 4 year old some sort of inconvient truth. Say it NICELY! I thought it was a fine story.

*Babygurl22* said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 9:02 pm:
I know i am not a very good writer. but oh my gosh. Ever heard of constructive criticism?? gosh

flyingpinkgiraffesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:42 am :
honestly, most of the comments here are constructive critisism (excuse my lack of correct spelling).  If someone were to just say "this is terrible" that would be rude and thoughtless.  But the people here are putting comments on what you can work on, like making the story easier to follow, working the talking bunny more into the story, and working on the writing.  That's all very good advice.  There's definitly something to your storyline, and what you need to do is put some... (more »)

the people live here said...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 12:23 am:
Wow. This comment ws extraordinarily offensive.  JUst because you don't like something dosen't mean it's horrible, and even if a writer needs to develope more, that dosen't mean they need to stop writing, it means they need to write more.

*Babygurl22* said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 9:02 pm:

amtpinkpanda said...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 12:00 am:

ok hard to follow and all over the place. i was confused because the story went from past to present and i am sorry but the bunny was thrown in carelessly and i think u need to work on it 

soccercrazy replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:18 pm :
i agree. the talking bunny was just one small part of the story, and it's very jumpy.

Frostfur said...
This was a really hard to follow story. Did you really need all those exclamation points?

*Babygurl22* replied...
Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:36 am :
For your info i love exclamation points!!!!!
What now!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!! !!!!! !! !!!! !!!!
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

eviegirl445 said...
Nov. 18, 2009 at 9:26 am:
Um . . . kinda hard to follow? Maybe it woud've been better if you just left the stuffed rabbit out of it all . . .

*Babygurl22* replied...
Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:36 am :
THE STUFFED RABBIT WAS THE ASSIGNMENT I JUST MADE THE REST UP!!!!!

Deverie♥ said...
Alright...im just going to ask a few things...
How did our assignment have anything to do with an army guy get married to his fiance, then have a baby and name it AFTER HIS SISTER (??) then die? I thought our assignment was about a toy/stuffed animal magically have a voice?

meekoninja_d_animegeek said...
Oct. 22, 2009 at 11:12 am:
HI! this is your creative writing classmate!! WHAT UP? lol okay so you really need to work on your writing and yeah. but this isnt fair! my story is taking over a freakin month to get posted!! :[

pencil123 said...
this was confusing and needs some work. I have one question. How long did it take to get it up on teen ink?

Babygurl22 replied...
Oct. 22, 2009 at 10:55 am :
Umm... Hi this is ashley. That was kind of a rude comment. And it only took a day so yea.

conservative71196 replied...
Oct. 22, 2009 at 6:57 pm :
It was not. It was constructive criticism. I also agree that it needs some work.