The Lost City | Teen Ink

The Lost City

By Phil Vicinanza BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
Phil Vicinanza BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona

" I just could not believe what I had just seen" said Carl LaDuke as he just witnessed the Boston Red Soxs break the curse of not winning the World Series. His friend Stu Woody was there for the excitment. The streets of Boston were filled with happiness as Carl and Stu joined the rest of the fans of the Soxs. Once they got there all of the fans were chanting " the curse is over". Still an hour after the game ended, the streets were filled with Boston supporters when another friend, Rocky Blake came and showed the two something cool. "This is the real World Series Champs hat fresh off the press" said Rocky. Once he put it on, a warp tunnel came out of the hat and took Carl, Stu, and Rocky away to the lost city of Philoberg.

After the long warp tunnel with flashing lights of red and blue, the three are in the lost city. " What the heck is this place?" said Stu as the kids look around at the destroyed city. They wonder around until they find a bsaeball stadium. So they enter the park and they look around with awe. As they continue to look around, Carl notices a plaque. He then calls over Stu and Rocky to the scene. "It says 'John Hamilton, greatest player in Philoberg Blasters history" spoke Carl. After he finished that line, a person arose from the plaque and onto the ground. "I am John Hamilton" said the creepy man. "Did the Red Soxs win the World Series?" asked the man. Rocky then said "Yea and here is there championchip hat". "Oh dear" said the man, "That hat just sent you here to Philoberg". "What" said Stu. "Let me tell you the history of the Philoberg Blasters"

" Back in the day the Philoberg Blasters were the best baseball in Major League Baseball." said the man known as John Hamilton. "So what happend to the team, the town?" asked Rocky. "As our team got better, they did not need me as much anymore and they released me soon after." "In my honor they made me a plaque about me and my importance to the team, but as I left, the town rioted onto the streets and screamed 'We want Hamilton'". "Tell more" said Carl. "The citizens pratcely destroyed the city and the team".

phelpsn said...
I like how you start by saying somthing by saying what it is not. "...Red Soxs break the curse of not winning the world series." The warp tunnel was random but it did take the story somewhere interesting. More things could have been explained like when they were in the lost city what did they see? Where did the tunnel come from?

Olivia892 BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts

"Something we were withholding made us weak, until we found out it was ourselves." --Robert Frost

"The stars awaken a certain reverence, because though always present, they are inaccessible" --Emerson

"No man for any considerable period can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true" --Nathaniel Hawthorne

love the red sox!!! =]

Mikki-bug<3 GOLD, West Chester, Ohio

"It never snows in Texas because Texas has no heart"- The Wise and Wonderful Shay ;-)

The ending confuses me. Just a tip: there needs to be more resolution. I feel like it wasn't done yet. Other than that, good job!