Paranoid-or Not?

Something is following me. Not a someone but something. I have felt it for several months now. Eyes following my every move. I feel them now. They are probably watching every word I am typing, but I don’t care. I need to tell someone. If I told anyone else they would think I was completely mental. I used to think it was a man, a weird stalker. Now I wish it was a man. I feel it. I swear I saw a shadow once. And I promise you it wasn’t a man’s shadow. It had wings. But they weren’t angel’s wings. They were black and purple with tattered holes. They were somehow very beautiful. They reminded me of something, I just don’t know what. Once I saw birds outside my window at midnight. Silhouetted against the full moon in the clear night sky. I told my mom, and she told me no birds flew so low at night and to go back to bed. I went but I never fell asleep that night. I watched the window. Once when staying home alone, I heard a loud thump from the back bedroom. I stiffened and decided to grab my cell and laptop. I never once walked into the hallway or any of the bedrooms. It took me days to finally get asleep in my own room again. I have gotten calls with mysterious words on them. A different language. One I don’t recognize. It’s deleted when I show others. I keep a journal of all my weird experiences. But one day I came home and it was gone. Later I found several pages of it pinned to my closet door, and some in my locker at school. Never had I dared to write about my experiences again- until the most recent one. I had a dream of a lady. A beautiful young lady carrying me in a blanket. I was an infant. She was muttering in some other language. The language in the messages. She looked down at me, tears in her eyes, and passed me to someone else. Then the dream ended. But not before I saw a little wing behind her back. A purple and black mysterious, beautiful wing. I decided it was a memory, but of what?

Natie said...
Good!! Because im dying to read more!! I love it, even though they say more details, i sorta disagree because your short sentences give it a sort of mysterious feel to it. But details wouldn't hurt:) i was hooked and now i want more!!

MultiCultureWriter replied...
Thanks! You're the first one to understand why I use the short, not very vivid sentances. And sorry you guys! I am putting the sequel on a little postponment... bit busy lately. Sorry!

MultiCultureWriter said...
Nov. 29, 2009 at 11:16 am
I am proud to say that I am working on the sequel as we speak. I will post as soon as possible!

craftychick said...
Can you complete the story? I'm dying to know how it ends!

MultiCultureWriter replied...
Well I would love to as soon as I finish my NaNoWriMo story, any request for the ending???

craftychick replied...
I think it would be neat if you made the thing with wings your guardian angel. That is why it seemed like a memory. Do you like it?

MultiCultureWriter replied...
Actually thats hilarious because the other story that I am writing and is keeping me so busy is a story written about guardian angels!

ArtemisOwlfeather said...
May I please turn this into a sculpture? You will get credit.

MultiCultureWriter replied...
Yeah sure, I would love to see it in a 3D version

ArtemisOwlfeather replied...
Thank you!

MultiCultureWriter replied...
Nooo thank YOU!

larawayt said...
I liked this story. When you were describing the figure you said, “I feel it. I swear I saw a shadow once. And I promise you it wasn’t a man’s shadow. It had wings. But they weren’t angel’s wings. They were black and purple with tattered holes.” I got a picture in my mind. This made the story interesting. I wondered where this winged creature came from. You put a nice twist to the end of he story when you said, “I decided it was a memory, but of what?... (more »)

MultiCultureWriter replied...
Yeah that wasnt my plan but I have been told by many on here and my friends that it would be amazing to make a sequal

CrazyClimber said...
like they said. DETAILS. i liked the wings thought. and the biginning was superly awesome

dragonfan said...
this is great! I loved it

Ashlyn C. said...
Thanks you guys! And normally most of my stories dont have lots of description, I need to work on that.

KatrinaC47 said...
That was really good! The only critique I have for you is that a LITTLE more description would be nice. You can never have to much description!:)

arrowed_rain said...
It gave me shivers, it did!
This could be a start to a really great story... I like it!!!

lector said...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 8:35 am
Cool Story!