Paranoid-or Not? | Teen Ink

Paranoid-or Not?

By WriterWithWings DIAMOND, Seneca, South Carolina
WriterWithWings DIAMOND, Seneca, South Carolina

“Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't.”
"Love is a drug. a drug that distorts reality, and thats the point of it. No body would fall in love with someone who they really saw."
"Words and hea

Something is following me. Not a someone but something. I have felt it for several months now. Eyes following my every move. I feel them now. They are probably watching every word I am typing, but I don’t care. I need to tell someone. If I told anyone else they would think I was completely mental. I used to think it was a man, a weird stalker. Now I wish it was a man. I feel it. I swear I saw a shadow once. And I promise you it wasn’t a man’s shadow. It had wings. But they weren’t angel’s wings. They were black and purple with tattered holes. They were somehow very beautiful. They reminded me of something, I just don’t know what. Once I saw birds outside my window at midnight. Silhouetted against the full moon in the clear night sky. I told my mom, and she told me no birds flew so low at night and to go back to bed. I went but I never fell asleep that night. I watched the window. Once when staying home alone, I heard a loud thump from the back bedroom. I stiffened and decided to grab my cell and laptop. I never once walked into the hallway or any of the bedrooms. It took me days to finally get asleep in my own room again. I have gotten calls with mysterious words on them. A different language. One I don’t recognize. It’s deleted when I show others. I keep a journal of all my weird experiences. But one day I came home and it was gone. Later I found several pages of it pinned to my closet door, and some in my locker at school. Never had I dared to write about my experiences again- until the most recent one. I had a dream of a lady. A beautiful young lady carrying me in a blanket. I was an infant. She was muttering in some other language. The language in the messages. She looked down at me, tears in her eyes, and passed me to someone else. Then the dream ended. But not before I saw a little wing behind her back. A purple and black mysterious, beautiful wing. I decided it was a memory, but of what?

Boota BRONZE said...
on Apr. 29 2012 at 1:55 pm
Boota BRONZE, N/A, South Carolina

Bowties are cool!

i totally agree.

on Jan. 9 2012 at 1:36 pm
Jacelyn PLATINUM, Ft. Irwin, California

A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else.

I thought it was pretty good. Your thoughts are kind of jumbled but it was a pretty good story.

on Nov. 4 2011 at 10:27 am
ManekiNeko SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and prove it to be true."

Awkward. It doesn't flow very well. It feels forced.

QuickDreamer said...
on Dec. 31 2010 at 7:38 am
it was ok, but you jumped around from thing to thing without a description, i think you kinda tried a little to hard in trying to make it dark

Ieneco said...
on Dec. 11 2010 at 10:19 pm
Ieneco, Trois-Rivieres, Other
this was amazing!!!!!!! it stressed me out so much. I really wish it were a novel! Keep up the great work!

S M Wells said...
on Dec. 10 2010 at 7:43 am
I realy like this. And I don't think it needs any additional story with it. As it is it gives room for the reader to use there imagination. I like to think, sense in fiction all thoughts are free. That it means the caricture was the child of an anciant Goddess and was put hear for a specail purpous. It dosen't matter that there weren't real Goddissess. And yes. I probably speld that wrong.

on Dec. 9 2010 at 10:50 pm
i_sold_my_soul_to_books, ., Alabama

This isn't mine but it's honestly the best “I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.” -Markus Zusak

I really liked this one! I like your style and I'm totally hooked on it. I was curious though, when you said you saw a shadow and then proceeded to describe the color of the wings. Is the shadow purple or was that a sort of typo. Anyways please right more!

on Dec. 9 2010 at 9:32 pm

"Words and hea

Hahaha :) Thank you!!!

on Dec. 9 2010 at 9:31 pm

"Words and hea

I'm tryin', truly I am :)

on Dec. 9 2010 at 9:30 pm

"Words and hea

Haha, as long as it's in a good way! Thank you! :)

JakeDamon GOLD said...
on Dec. 9 2010 at 9:18 pm
JakeDamon GOLD, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
This is really good. I am officially creeped out. In a definite good way. Keep it up...

on Dec. 9 2010 at 8:14 pm
Underhill BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas

"Sanity is just another way of describing people with no vision."—Anonymous

Wow . . . the whole first half was just creepy.  Awesome creepy.  Nothing about the piece is bad, but I lo-o-ove the whole beginning.  Chills!  Hee hee.

hrf1434 GOLD said...
on Sep. 12 2010 at 2:35 pm
hrf1434 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

mabey the winged lady is her real mother whom has to give her up for adoption and now the mother has come back to find her long lost child

hrf1434 GOLD said...
on Sep. 12 2010 at 2:33 pm
hrf1434 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

please write more. 

J. Rae said...
on Aug. 21 2010 at 11:14 am

Hmmm... how about you write from 3rd  person in the next part. Maybe she accidentally takes a wrong turn from not paying attention on her way home, and finds herself at a dead end. Then the purpled winged lady walks towards her. Maybe she is just gaurding her from some evil that is coming very soon, and the main character is really her daughter. And the purpled winged lady is part of this species that is sort of half human, and turns into what she is now at a certain age. So the main character is going to turn into that.

Just an idea...

on Feb. 26 2010 at 2:06 am
thedarkestmind, Fresno, California

"He who leaps for the sky may fall, it's true. But he may also fly."

You should change the title and change some things in the story. I like it, don't get me wrong, but it could use some work. Actually, to be honest, I love it. I'd love to read some more. And I have some ideas on what you should do with it. :) If you're interested, lemme know!

tor10jax GOLD said...
on Jan. 13 2010 at 10:19 am
tor10jax GOLD, Livingston, New Jersey
I looove what you wrote. There's a lot you could do with this and I could come up with some things to help. Do you want it to be a novel or a short story? Who is your target audience?

on Dec. 25 2009 at 2:48 pm

"Words and hea

Any ideas for this "more" that you want? I have no clue how to finish this!

on Dec. 18 2009 at 8:34 pm

"Words and hea

I really need some ideas! HELP!

on Dec. 17 2009 at 9:43 pm
<3Tessa(: SILVER, Datil, New Mexico

I love you are just words. Why fret about them? Live life how life is supposed to be lived, your way. Not his.

More!! I want more!! lol I love this!