to see an angel | Teen Ink

to see an angel

September 28, 2009
By ami<3 PLATINUM, Hermosa Beach, California
ami<3 PLATINUM, Hermosa Beach, California
20 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
tommorows a mystery, yesterdays history, but today is a gift, that's why we call it the present.


Slowly, desperatly, I turned around. I knew it was Her. I could feel Her presence. We locked eyes, I shuddered at the mental chill that She gave. I stepped toward Her, I;m going to give her one last fight, I'm not a coward. Suddenly She was behind me, Her sword thrust into my back. I gasped, I could it burning against my flesh. 'Well,' I thought to myself, 'At least He's safe...' i heard a deep cackle eminating out of the corpse behind me. Then everything went black.

2 MONTHS EARLIER

“Oh shoot,” I whispered to myself, I was lost again.
I surveyed my surroundings; I had ended up in an alley. 7:56, already late.
I sighed, it was my first day of my new high school since me, my mom, and younger sister moved to Miami. Turning back the way I came, I saw a shadow move. I quickly twisted toward where I saw it.
“Who’s there?” I managed to say.
The reply was a soft meow. Relief flooded me as I carefully walked to where the kitten sat.
“You gave me a fright, little cat,” I gently petted it. The cat purred beneath my touch. It plopped down on the ground and gave a loud yowl. Startled, I pulled my hand back.
“What have you found this time Tiger?” a gruff man stumbled out of the shadows. I could smell him before I saw him. He reeked of dirt and pee. When I finally saw him he looked just as bad as he smelled. Hair matted down, teeth missing, and clothes tattered.
“You picked up a lady,” he said to the cat approvingly, “Good work.”
I stood up and started to walk away when he stopped me.
“Where do you think you’re goin’ missy,” he looked at me and my eyes widened.
“Leave me alone,” I shook from fear.
“No, I’m gunna have some fun,” his gaze turned hazardous.
I swiveled around and ran as hard as I could.
“Nu uh uh,” he appeared out of nowhere as I ran right into the bum.
“You’re not goin’ anywhere,” he tightened his grip on my arms, squeezing so hard that I couldn’t feel them anymore.
“STOP!!” I screamed as I writhed beneath his grimy hands on my arms.
“Leave her alone,” another voice came from the shadows. It seemed darker, but more sophisticated in a way.
“Who’s gunna make me,” the bum challenged.
“The voice stepped out of the shadows and my eyes almost fell out of there sockets. He seemed about 19, four years older than me, but that’s not what shocked me. He was beyond gorgeous, with dark hair framing a sharp face, and bright blue eyes shining from beneath. His clothes were mostly black, and he had a a strange necklace on , a symbol I can’t quite explain.
“I said,” he stepped closer, “let go of her.” His bright eyes pierced straight through the bum.
“F**k,” the bum let go of me and ran as hard as he could away.
“Well I’m glad he’s gone,” the boy walked toward me.
I cringed away when he bent over to study me.
“Get away,” I tried to say with confidence.
“That hurts,” he faked sadness, “I just saved your virginity and you tell me to leave.”
“Who are you,” I looked at him suspiciously.
“I’m your Guardian Angel,” he told me boldly, “The name’s Ramie.”
“Don’t joke with me,” I took a step backwards.
“No I am really,” he looked at me sincerely as he took a step forward.
“Then where are your wings,” I struggled not to laugh.
“You want to see them?” Ramie looked at me dangerously.
“Yes I do,” I crossed my arms.
He shook his head and chuckled, “Okay Stella.”
I stared at him, astonished. He knew my name.
He bent his head toward the sky and his arms spread out. He whispered a word, one word. And the necklace he had on glowed as black wings unfolded from his back. The wings shined, glistened, though there was no sun out.
“Happy now?” Ramie said smugly.


The author's comments:
I wrote this during church, I don't know why, but it's so much easier to write there.