Fire and Ice Chapter One | Teen Ink

Fire and Ice Chapter One

By quirkysoutherngirl BRONZE, Bayou La Batre, Alabama
quirkysoutherngirl BRONZE, Bayou La Batre, Alabama

Dark hair whipped through the limbs, she had to make a choice, but the girl couldn't make it now. They were her best friends, she couldn't choose between the two. One a monster that should send chills down her spine, and the other a creature that should make her scream in terror like one of those cheesy horror movies. It had all started a year ago, when he moved to town everything had been perfect before, though everything was so much better now it was complicated.

Amelia had lived in the small town since the day she was brought home from the hospital. She never had a father, she was the reward of a drunken one night stand, leaving her mother a single partner, but her mom never complained. Her mother owned a small florist shop in town, where Amelia worked occasionally. Running like she was now helped her think. No one would think Amelia was her mother's daughter, she had dark hair and Jenny had blond, Amelia had bright green eyes, and her mother had honey colored eyes. Jenny stood to 5'3, and Amelia 5'2 their height was the only thing the two had in common.

Amelia has known Scott since was 3 years old, and he was five. Scott's mother would always baby sit Amelia while her own mother worked. They knew each other through and through their was nothing they hadn't told each other. He had always been something of a guardian angel for Amelia someone she knew she could count on.

Chris on the other hand was a guy that sat beside her in Trig a year ago, and someone she knew she could rely on, and had charmed her, and she had fallen hard. She never wanted to fall for him, he was the kid of guy that just wanted that one night stand, or at least that was what she thought until she found out what he really was. A Vampire.

Her two best friends were both men she loved and were enemies. They both tolerated each other because they knew it was what Amelia wanted. She wanted them to be friends so she never had to choose between them. But it was getting around that time.

Chris only appeared to be 17, and Amelia was getting older every second of everyday, and looking older than him for eternity was just something she didn't think she could stand.

Scott on the other hand was a lycan, and looked to be in his early twenties though he was only 17. He could stop phrasing at anytime, and continue to grow older with her.

A guy standing about 6'2, and with dark hair pulled into a ponytail, his eyes a bright blue. "Hey Lee." he said easily keeping up with her pace. It was so easy for him to keep up it didn't even look like he was breaking a sweat. There was a grin that spread across his face that seemed to be perfection. "Leave me alone please Chris, I can't think if you are constantly surrounding me." She said quietly, though it was barely audible she knew he would hear her.

"Lee just go out with me tonight, and I promise it will be the night of your life." The request from Chris was tempting for Amelia, but she knew if she said yes would give him the wrong idea. The plain fact was she was in love with two guys who were so different, but alike in so many way. In one way she had kiss the tall, dark, mysterious type, though she knew everyone of his secrets. And then she had Scott, the playful red head who always made her laugh. Sure he had secrets too, but he had a huge family that kept him safe and Amelia too.

Chris took her silence as a rejection, and had disappeared just as suddenly as he appeared. Any other girl would love to have guys fighting over her, deciding what was right for her, but Amelia had never wanted that. She wanted a life, without the over bearing boyfriend. She wanted the white picket fence with kids and a dog playing in the yard one day, but she wanted to get her degree in medical science first. Amelia stopped running as she reached the end of the pier.

The girl sat down taking off the shoes she had on dangling her feet in the water, watching the sun set, still not able to get either of the boys off her mind. She had to many things to consider, and not enough time to figure them out.

Should I edited it and repost or just fix it in the coming chapters?

The characters are developing within the story, it will begin to set its self up as it goes on.

Desanyx SILVER said...
on Oct. 14 2009 at 5:41 am
Desanyx SILVER, Westfield, New Jersey

The imagination is man's power over nature. -Wallace Stevens

Set up your story! Create CHARACTERS! Don't just tell us what they look like. Don't tell us what happens! Show us!

arElana PLATINUM, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
I like the storyline, but it seems like more of a sumarry than a story. gove details, like when she found out he was a vampire. how are they enemies. you leave a lot of question unanswered, so give a bit more detail, keep writing and answer my questions