Hidden Identity

Ever since I was little I was known as just your average girl, “there was nothing new about her”, they would say. But they were wrong, there is nothing normal about me. My name is Melodee and I’m 17 and that’s as normal as it gets. All my life I have been living a difficult life trying to keep my secret safe, that is from the others. While others have grown up a normal life going to school having friends etc. I have been learning more and more of myself. No body understands my life until now.

I live in a life where everything is not how its supposed to be. My parents lets just say, are like me. They raised me to be ready for what’s to come. I remember that day, when I thought my life was normal, the day that made me realize that this was not a game. I was 12. I knew it was a bad day I could feel it all around me and it was bad. Dad had left weeks before, I learned later why. I didn’t really know what was going on.
“Mel come here honey, listen to me please this is important. You know that thing we discussed, well that day has come and I need to leave soon, you do what we taught you and when you get a little older go find your dad you’ll be safe with him ok, I love you, make me proud.”
I knew from then that the others found out about my mom and her powers, all she had to do now was hide before they caught her and killed her. I was safe nobody knew about me besides my parents. I am not like my parents I am actually the first of my kind. Mom is gifted she has telepathy, she can talk to people in her mind and make them do things with her mind. Dad on the other hand is a vampire, and I am a mixture of both but unlike mom I can sense things that are going to happen and I have dreams about the future. They made me to stop the war between the gifted and the vamps, to show how we can unite and be like one. But the others the ones not like us didn’t like us at all. I had to somehow find dad soon and I knew something was waiting for me when I get there and I knew it was going to be big.

If only things were how they used to be, when we didn’t have to worry about what’s going on today. I knew that this day was going to come I just didn’t want it to happen, to tell you the truth I dreaded this day. The day that mom was going to disappear and leave me to fight for myself. I remember how he would make things easier, he would make me feel normal and like there was no others. He was always there for me to make me feel better, and know when I needed him the most he was gone. I knew his reason for leaving… I just hope the others haven’t caught on to him. It seems like it been forever since I’ve seen him..if only he knew how I felt….

Dessometrics said...

loved it plzzzz continue!

blessed....

CrazyClimber said...
look out for run-on sentences. they kinda confused me, and the ending was super confusing. but it has an amazing storyline, and i think you should totally make a part two. put a acomment on one of my things to let me know when you submit something new, cuz ill totally read it

Karina_09 replied...
in the end she is talking about my other main character
the next chapter is about him how they r finding eachother
thanks for the nice comment ill post more soon :)
glad u liked it

Zero_K This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oooooooh. . .this shall be an interesting novel! One I would buy in hard cover. Very creative and well written. Can't wait to read more!
-Blessed Be!
+++ZERO+++

Tiara B. said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 7:00 am
This article should really turn to a story then a book.