The Twisted Tale | Teen Ink

The Twisted Tale

By ExpressThruWriting SILVER, Green Forest, Arkansas
ExpressThruWriting SILVER, Green Forest, Arkansas

"One of these days you will meet the right man who will always treat you right.... Yea what a load of crap..." -author unknown

The Twisted Tale

It all began on one dark,stormy night…....

“Cabbages, cheese, onions, and garlic!” Everyone of the village of Happy Endings could hear this seemingly pointless babble. It was coming from the oldest, most terrible, dark castle sitting on the edge of the cliff that overlooked the village. Now while some would say that this babble was pointless the villagers knew better.

What they heard was the villages most evil, vile, deranged, ugly, witch! She was terrifying to even look at! Now when the villagers heard her from her castle they knew to expect trouble. They also were pretty sure her pointless babble was actually her brewing some evil spell. So while some would laugh if they heard her, the villagers cowered in their homes.

If only they had known what the witch was doing….
While they cowered this witch was creating her best spell yet!
She had had enough of all these happy endings, it was time for the people like her to have their happy ending!

“Our turn!”She cackled and with that her spell was complete.
Everyone in the village waited and as they were about to shout in relief it happened….

First Cinderella found the glass slipper did not fit her foot! Then the ugly stepsister found it fit hers!
After that the Three Little Pigs found that the house made of bricks did not stay up when the Big Bad Wolf blew on it!
Then the Wolf made the Three Little Pigs his slaves!
So this went on in every happy ending in the village! Now all would have seemed lost surely,but it was not.

One little girl was not affected by the spell, because she did not have her happy ending yet. Her name was Briar. Now Briar had always been a happy girl even when things weren’t good, but when this happened she found she was quite mad!

So as little as she was she marched right out into the throng of this rough and very pleased group. She marched right out to the witch and with little hands on her hips she demanded for things to go back as they were meant to be.

Now the witch was at first taken aback but recovered herself quickly.

“No.” She said stubbornly.

“That’s not an option!” The little girl named Briar yelled then with that she threw the pot filled with the spell onto the witch! As soon as that happened the spell was reversed and things went back to how it was meant to be.

Now the story is not over yet for soon after that little girl named Briar earned her happy ending as Hero of the Village!

The End.

I wrote this because I love fairy-tales and so i decided to write a version of one.

I suppose I could have improved this writing a bit better...