Diary Entry from 1995 (Tribute to Twilight) | Teen Ink

Diary Entry from 1995 (Tribute to Twilight)

Dear Diary,

6/22/95

Last night wasn’t like any other night. It started out as a cool breeze, which turned into a rough burst of air. Turning around I could see a dark figure lurking in the shadows. It looked human, but turned out to be more.
I had left the house at about twelve a.m. to meet a friend at a sleepover. As I walked past the old brick house that had been empty for all the years I have lived on this street, I saw something in the window on the top floor. I decided that the sleepover could wait. I walked up to the large metal gate. There was a large gust of wind and the gate doors flew open. I stood there frozen in my own fear, wondering if I should go in. I couldn’t remember the last time I had had some actual fun, so I walked up to the big brick house.

I watched the old satin curtains move from the other side of the window. I thought to my self ‘I’ll just ding dong ditch, and if anyone lives there, I’ll run’. I wasn’t that type of person tough. I don’t like teasing people or being a bully. Before I decided not to do it, I had already rung the doorbell. I stood there, wondering if anybody was going to answer. Nobody did. I sighed in relief and walked away from the porch. As soon as I set my foot on the first step, I heard a loud BANG! I turned around and saw that the door had opened.

I decided I was going to take a quick peek in the house, then be on my way to the sleepover. I walked into the large house. The carpet was a dark blood red, like wine. There where candles everywhere. Most of the furniture was black and purple with polished wooden frames. I walked into what seemed to be a bedroom. A small candle lit the whole room. It was a dark blue. There where shelves on the walls, covered in books and CDs. Something wasn’t right. Then I noticed that there was no bed.
Maybe it was just a family room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. All of a sudden, my phone rang. I picked it up and heard a voice at the other end. It was Ana. She asked me when I was going to show up at the sleepover. I told her that I would be there in about a half and hour.

I hung up the phone and sighed. I heard something behind me. As I turned around, there stood a young man. He looked about my age. His skin was pale and his eyes where a bright hazel color. They looked so soft and innocent that it seemed I could see into his soul. I couldn’t force my eyes from his gaze. It was as if he had an invisible grip on me. I couldn’t turn away. He held out his hand, like he was asking me to come with him. Soft music started playing in the back of my head. Why did I feel so calm when I was around him? I broke free of the invisible grip that his eyes had on me and ran out of the room. I could hear something behind me, like footsteps. As I ran down the hall, I saw a door to my left. I pushed it open and ran in.

The door slammed and locked behind me. The room was covered in dark colors. I was so scared that I was about to scream. I noticed that I was in a kitchen. A rotting smell filled the air. I covered my nose and ran to find somewhere to hide. I opened the fridge to find a bunch of bloody, rotting, wild animals. I screamed at the top of my lungs, slammed the fridge and ran into a corner of the room hugging my knees. What was wrong with this place? I heard a soft click coming from the door, and then it opened. The young boy walked up to me and became eyelevel with me. This time, his eyes where a darker hazel. I guess I had screamed so loud that I began to hyperventilate. He put one finger on my lips to silence my heavy breathing. His skin was so cold that it felt like I was in a freezer.
The boy told me his name was Danny and that he wanted to help me. I didn’t believe him, but I didn’t run either. He picked me up and helped me out of the kitchen. I still didn’t understand why I was so calm when I was around him. I wondered if he had always lived here. Before I knew it, we where racing down the hall. He was so fast that it had seemed like he was going about a hundred miles per hour. But then I noticed something, we where outside and I was on his back. It was about twelve twenty at the time, so I still had time to get to the sleep over. Out of the two times I saw him, I hadn’t noticed what he was wearing. He had Dark brown hair, almost black. And he was wearing what seemed to be blue jeans and T-shirt from Hollister. Pretty normal clothes for a boy. But something was different about him. Before I knew it, I was standing in front of Ana’s house. I turned around to meet his gaze. He had that invisible grip on me again. I couldn’t pull away, until I heard my name being called from the front door. I tuned around and Ana was at the doorsteps waving to me. I turned back around to see Danny’s face. He smiled a cute, crooked smile. He took my hand, and led me up to the front door. The last words I heard him say where “Take care of her.” I was guessing he was talking to Ana. As I turned back around to ask him something, he had disappeared.

I will never forget his deep hazel eyes and his bushy brown hair. I wonder if I’m ever going to see him again. I hope I will. I have a bunch of questions to ask. This has to be the longest diary entry I have ever written, but it was worth passing on the story, and keeping it in my memory. I wish I could get to know the real him. I wonder if I ever will. But I know one thing for sure. He isn’t human…

I wrote this for my Zine (piece of writing with three pieces of the same subject)You need at least one poem, somthing we learned this year, and somthing new we learned this quater. Please enjoy, comment, and rate! >.< PLZ!!!!

on Oct. 22 2009 at 7:10 am
Katherine93 GOLD, Liverpool, Other

"the only person you are destined to become is the person that you choose to be" - unknown

this was great, i agree with Hope_Princess though, create a twist and it will be fab

Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Your descriptions and imagery were very well written. But it was almost like I was reading the Twilight story over again. I would have enjoyed it a little bit more if you had put your own little twist to it. You did great though, keep up the good work!