Teasing Fate | Teen Ink

Teasing Fate

By xxpetitepoetxoxo BRONZE, East Grand Rapids, Michigan
xxpetitepoetxoxo BRONZE, East Grand Rapids, Michigan

Come enemies and lovers to save the broken maiden. Put your differences aside for you are as one now, your goal simple, to save the ivory-skinned maiden. For her skin is ivory no more, covered with blood and bruises that were purely accidental. So empty your burdens and clear your mind and tempt the heart that beats no more.

So the king and all his men shoved aside the pain and guilt, to save the maiden’s mangled corpse. Forced the air into her lungs in desperation; felt her cling to the last threads of life only to hear her heart.
slow
and
then
stop.

Grab the needles, hurry, hurry. They say life cannot be bottled, but the lover holds the key which he now stabs into her weary heart.

Now listen quietly my child. That dull thumping that you hear? Do you hear it? Do you hear it? It is only a murmur, but it is also the sound of rebirth and hope, that the maiden could tease fate once more.

** (: said...
I remember you reading this at the english thing. It was good then, it's good now!

I read your other poem too.

You're a great writer, Rosie.

Onceknown BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

Courage is doing what your afraid to do
There can be no courage unless your scared
-Eddie Rickerbacker

Simple amazing.

Madison_R said...
Madison_R, Carrollton, Texas
This is amazing! Very deep. I think it's more poetry than a fiction story, though. Great job!

Wow that poem was amazing! the mood and imagry was perfect. keep up the good work!

dancing queen

supercarlz said...
on Aug. 14 2009 at 1:27 am
Rosie that was amazing!!! U r such a wonderful writter. Im so impressed with everything you write.

on Aug. 14 2009 at 12:40 am
Loved it, Posie!!!!

Mickey BRONZE said...
on Aug. 14 2009 at 12:27 am
Mickey BRONZE, East Grand Rapids, Michigan

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

yayers! im so happy it got in! hugs and cookies 2 u!!!!!