ArchAngel

Preface

Jade stared at the arched ceiling covered with a war she did not want to engage in. There were angels, she could only identify two. Michael, the guardian of the Orthodox Faith, and a fighter against heresies. In his right hand was a spear, plunging into a shadowy figure. In his shimmering left hand was a green palm branch. Atop his spear was a linen ribbon coated with a red cross.
The other was Gabriel. His arms were spread baring a lantern with a lighted taper inside, and a mirror of green jasper.
One of the angels was leading Tobit, who is carrying a fish caught in the Tigris with his right hand. A physicians alabaster jar appeared in his left.
Another was holding a sword against the Persians, and a fiery flame. Then, there was an angel who revealed a golden wreath, and a triple-thronged whip. There were three others, just praying, one with a white rose to his bare chest.
The mural was mystifying, and gorgeous in it’s own way, until you got to the center. The glorified angels were revolving around a bottomless pit of locusts that almost formed a horse-like creatures, with crowned human faces, and wavy human hair. There was an even more horrifying creature sitting on a throne with it’s arms raised. It had lions teeth, locusts’ wings, and the tail of a scorpion.
Aaron noticed Jade’s displeased expression as she gazed at the center of the ceiling. “That,” he said pointing at the creature,” is Abaddon, a very powerful demon, almost more powerful than Lucifer himself, and those are the eight original Archangels. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Jegudiel, Sealtiel, Jeremiel, and Barachiel.”
“Do all demons look like Abaddon?” Jade asked nervously.
“Not to humans, or us, at first. When the human flesh and complexions dissolve, they’ll look like the ones you’ve seen your entire life. Disgusting.”
“And you expect me to banish them to where they came from? You want me to become an Archangel, like them?” Jade questioned hysterically, pointing to the angels.
“Precisely,” Aaron replied.
“You’re insane.”
“You’re afraid.”
“I’m what?” Jade hissed, offended.
“You’re afraid of fighting demons, and it is a scary thing, but you don’t have a choice. It’s your destiny, in your blood, your heritage.”
“My heritage? Are you saying my family, my parents are Archangels?”
“No, I’m saying your ancestors. You have the same appearance as Michael,” he informed her while reaching out for her face.
“Don’t touch me,” she warned, swatting his hand back.
“And the same attitude,” Aaron added bitterly. ‘Hey, where are you going?”
“Far away from here,” Jade answered fiercely. “And unless you want to get run over by my bike, I suggest you let me leave.”
“Fine!” Aaron shouted over the roar of her Honda Super Hawk. “but I’ll defiantly be back.”
Jade rolled her eyes as she flipped the helmet’s shield over her eyes. With that, her vibrant red bike sped away, leaving Aaron in the dust.
“You can’t ignore your destiny, Jade!” he called after her. Jade heard him, but chose not to listen.

Kris789 said...
May 15, 2010 at 7:49 pm:
Wow! This is amazing!! I'm surprised it hasn't been in the magazine yet, keep it up :)

TeenageMutantNinjaAngel replied...
May 16, 2010 at 8:41 am :
thank you so much :)

Undread said...
Great story, Ive always loved the stories behind religion and what not. Check out my story if you want :D

TeenageMutantNinjaAngel replied...
Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:34 pm :
thanks for the comment, glad you liked it. i enjoyed your story too.

TeenageMutantNinjaAngel said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 6:36 pm:
@SpecialK I will keep writing, I just need to organize my ideas a bit more. It's sounding a bit too much like a show I watch. And thank you for your comment, I'm glad you like it :)

SpecialK said...
Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:19 pm:
Sweeeeeet! Please tell me you intend to finish this, it's one of the most interesting angel stories I've read in a loooong time.

Howler replied...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 4:23 pm :
beautiful!!!! Hey check out my forums and some of my poetry please!!

TeenageMutantNinjaAngel replied...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 4:58 pm :
thank you :) i'll check out your poetry soon

alexey4740 said...
awesome i like it

TeenageMutantNinjaAngel replied...
Dec. 4, 2009 at 9:48 pm :
thanks, alexey :)

Natie said...
Love it! If this is only the preface, I can't imagine what the rest might be like. So please continue to write more! Be careful of grammatical errors though, but other than that continue to write more:)

TeenageMutantNinjaAngel replied...
Nov. 28, 2009 at 9:15 pm :
Thank you so much! i've changed the plot slightly and the first chapter will hopefully be up soon.

KittyFish said...
Sept. 23, 2009 at 10:59 am:
The beginning was beautifully done, I really like the description, but unfortunately it leads the reader to believe it's about the murual. I think that it might be a better idea to start with the dialogue and such, and then examine the murual. Otherwise this is a rather good start.

skeptic replied...
Sept. 24, 2009 at 4:34 pm :
Glad you liked it, thank you for your comment, i really appreciate it!

jp said...
Aug. 7, 2009 at 3:18 am:
Love the story line and dialogue. Am blown away by the research and level of complexity of your writing. Keep up the incredible work, can't wait to read more!!! PS - I like the names you've chosen too!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:56 pm :
Love this!! It's so complex! If there's more, I'm definatly reading it!