ArchAngel

Preface

Jade stared at the arched ceiling covered with a war she did not want to engage in. There were angels, she could only identify two. Michael, the guardian of the Orthodox Faith, and a fighter against heresies. In his right hand was a spear, plunging into a shadowy figure. In his shimmering left hand was a green palm branch. Atop his spear was a linen ribbon coated with a red cross.
The other was Gabriel. His arms were spread baring a lantern with a lighted taper inside, and a mirror of green jasper.
One of the angels was leading Tobit, who is carrying a fish caught in the Tigris with his right hand. A physicians alabaster jar appeared in his left.
Another was holding a sword against the Persians, and a fiery flame. Then, there was an angel who revealed a golden wreath, and a triple-thronged whip. There were three others, just praying, one with a white rose to his bare chest.
The mural was mystifying, and gorgeous in it’s own way, until you got to the center. The glorified angels were revolving around a bottomless pit of locusts that almost formed a horse-like creatures, with crowned human faces, and wavy human hair. There was an even more horrifying creature sitting on a throne with it’s arms raised. It had lions teeth, locusts’ wings, and the tail of a scorpion.
Aaron noticed Jade’s displeased expression as she gazed at the center of the ceiling. “That,” he said pointing at the creature,” is Abaddon, a very powerful demon, almost more powerful than Lucifer himself, and those are the eight original Archangels. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Jegudiel, Sealtiel, Jeremiel, and Barachiel.”
“Do all demons look like Abaddon?” Jade asked nervously.
“Not to humans, or us, at first. When the human flesh and complexions dissolve, they’ll look like the ones you’ve seen your entire life. Disgusting.”
“And you expect me to banish them to where they came from? You want me to become an Archangel, like them?” Jade questioned hysterically, pointing to the angels.
“Precisely,” Aaron replied.
“You’re insane.”
“You’re afraid.”
“I’m what?” Jade hissed, offended.
“You’re afraid of fighting demons, and it is a scary thing, but you don’t have a choice. It’s your destiny, in your blood, your heritage.”
“My heritage? Are you saying my family, my parents are Archangels?”
“No, I’m saying your ancestors. You have the same appearance as Michael,” he informed her while reaching out for her face.
“Don’t touch me,” she warned, swatting his hand back.
“And the same attitude,” Aaron added bitterly. ‘Hey, where are you going?”
“Far away from here,” Jade answered fiercely. “And unless you want to get run over by my bike, I suggest you let me leave.”
“Fine!” Aaron shouted over the roar of her Honda Super Hawk. “but I’ll defiantly be back.”
Jade rolled her eyes as she flipped the helmet’s shield over her eyes. With that, her vibrant red bike sped away, leaving Aaron in the dust.
“You can’t ignore your destiny, Jade!” he called after her. Jade heard him, but chose not to listen.

NightFury said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:10 pm:
Really good! Keep writing!

DarklingDraven said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:33 am:
this is really great i love it!!!

burgerman said...
Ooh, this looks good. I'm new--could you guys read "Lioness" under my work and tell me what you think? (Rate, comment.)

billgamesh11 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:38 pm:
Good! I can't wait to read it! I already liked the first part, and I bet I will love the second!!!:):):);)

EmptySoul said...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 11:01 pm:

I liked your story, but I think it needs a little work. Try being as detailed as possible, such as what the characters are doing and not just what they are saying.

Can't wait to read more

Happy writing!

TeenageMutantNinjaAngelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:49 am :
Thanks!! I have actually done a lot with this since I posted it two years ago, but with as many views as this has, I don't want to delete it.

AnimalGirl said...
May 20, 2011 at 12:00 pm:
i love this story!!!! it so good!!!!    =)

May 20, 2011 at 2:43 pm :
Thanks!! :) I wrote some more while bored in class today, so I'll try to have that up soon!!

TeenageMutantNinjaAngelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey everyone I wrote another chapter... so check out my stuff to read it... and once again thanks so much for all the good ratings and comments!! :)

irtfaz said...
Nice. I really liked the descriptions at the beginning, but it felt kind of like an infodump. Then, near the end, the dialogue was pretty good, but I feel like it could use some editing for flow. Other than that, great job, and great concept!

^unshed.tears said...
Nov. 3, 2010 at 11:04 am:
This is very good, and captivating. Keep it up : ) let us know when you post more; I'll be one of the firdt to read it : )

Mbookrooted said...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 11:11 am:
I liked how Jade isn't like most characters- independent and unflattered by pesky guys (hehe) Good job

Dec. 19, 2010 at 6:57 pm :
Haha thanks :)

AngelS said...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 9:55 am:
I like it! You should read my story called, Angel. Please.

copper~lemon~dropThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
cool, keep it comin'

Lorelei said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 4:25 pm:

this is cool. do you have more out?

Jun. 2, 2010 at 8:49 pm :

I am currently writing more

I needed to do a lot of organization... so more is on the way :)

Tim-.- said...
May 24, 2010 at 7:58 pm:

This was an awesome preview ^_^

Do you have any more planned?

mishaminion said...
May 21, 2010 at 2:21 pm:
This is awesome I love it!!

Kris789 said...
May 15, 2010 at 7:49 pm:
Wow! This is amazing!! I'm surprised it hasn't been in the magazine yet, keep it up :)