Callie | Teen Ink

Callie

Callie was a beautiful Blue whale. She lives in the North Pacific waters, with her family. She likes to go with her sisters to swim. One day on their way to school, Callie and her sisters decided to take a different way.
“Come on lets go around this way today.” Her oldest sister, Clara said.
Callie and her other sister, Jenny didn’t want to, but they didn’t want to disobey Clara so they went along with it happily. Before they knew it Clara had lead them to a place none of them had ever seen before.
“I don’t think I know where we are…” Clara admitted unhappily after swimming around for about 5 minutes.
“What do you mean you don’t know? I thought you were taking us to school!” Jenny exclaimed.
I looked around for something that I had seen on the way here but I couldn’t see anything but the blue ocean around us, and some rocks.
“Maybe we should call for mom” I suggested.
“NO!” Callie suddenly yelled.
“Well why not?” Jenny asked.
“I don’t want to get into trouble.” Callie said.
“But we don’t know where we are. We need help.”
“No, we can find our way out of here. Lets go this way!”
“ Were so going to be late…” Jenny mumbled.

We swam very quickly I think I beat my own record. But after a while we were in the same place as before. So we all decided to wait until someone came to help.
Soon another whale was swimming towards us. We called out for help and the big whale swam forward.

“Hello. Do you need some help?” He asked.
“Yes” Callie said. “We’re lost.”
“Well which way are you going?”
“We need to get home.” Jenny cried.
“Well where is your home?” He asked nicely.
We gave him the name of our place and he pointed us in the direction we should go.

When we got home we were all so happy to be back that we swam over to our moms feeding spot right away.

“Mom! Mom!” I yelled.
“We’re back!” Jenny called out.
Jenny and me swam forward to greet her, but Callie stayed back
“Where are you back from? Aren’t you supposed to be at school?”
Callie swam forward slowly.
“I took them to school a different way, and we got lost…”
Our mom was so happy that we got home safe that she took me and Jenny out to get some special Krill for dinner, but Callie didn’t get any. Me and Jenny learned that we should always do what we think is right, instead of being afraid of what people will think if we don’t.

I wrote this for an assignment in English and I had a lot of fun.