The Oceans' Depths Part 2 | Teen Ink

The Oceans' Depths Part 2

I was out late fishing in the middle of an ocean, the water was pitch black and murky. It was late at night, nothing seemed suspicious until a few minutes later. It was time to head out, when I went to unhook the anchor, it’s stuck! But the scary thing is, my boat started moving rapidly fast on its own. I started paddling my boat to shore but whatever has the anchor is terrifyingly strong, and it was dragging me towards a creepy, deep muddy part of the ocean behind some trees. I was in some pond or creek that is about twenty feet deep! Suddenly, my boat flipped and sank.
 Here I am , stranded out in the middle of nowhere at night with a creature that could do anything at any moment. 

I tried to keep my head above water but my arms and legs were getting tired so fast, waves were splashing at my face, another huge wave smacked me in the face, pulling me underwater. I rose up sputtering and gasping for air when something scaly and slimy brushed my foot. At first I thought it was a fish but when it came back I felt long, sharp jagged teeth. I tried to scream but a burst of water shoved me underwater. I tried to rise up but the current was  stronger than me. When I opened my eyes, what I saw could never be explained by any scientist ever. 

The creature's body was as large as two school buses, its coloring was a muddy brown with specks of black, red, and orange. Its eyes were as wide as volleyballs, it had spikes all along its back, and its teeth were as long and sharp as daggers. I tried to scream but all that came out was a flurry of bubbles, the creature circled around me waiting for me to make the first move. I swam as fast as I could to the surface knowing the monster could be watching my every move.