Spurting Passions | Teen Ink

Spurting Passions

March 8, 2024
By BriProx BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
BriProx BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Walking along a hilly path Ash, the god of passion, realized human life appeared to be dull and boring. Nature consisted of only trees, water, rocks, and grass. Color variation was absent and varying figures were nonexistent. Frowning upon Heide, mother nature, Ash felt entitled to creating a masterpiece. Knocking into humans’ minds, he discovered many new shapes and designs that he could utilize. Such as multicolored flowers, sand, fruit, vegetables, and the list went on and on. Trying to apply the passions to his creations were more difficult than it seemed. His work produced a green cucumber and green herbs so he was overcome with anger, for he could not create any other colors. Surrendering to Heide, he proposed his idea.

If Ash reported the passions that people had through their mind and body then Heide could utilize those to develop a new feature for life. This appeared to be a seamless plan. After a month the amount of color tripled and the flow of the land was completely altered. Looking down at life Heide and Ash smiled at each other with satisfaction. All seemed to be going as planned—no worries and no difficulties. 

Except for the people that laid still, faced down on the land. The beauty was soon overtaken by the owners of passion. Looking out at all the fallen brothers and sisters, people soon rebelled against the land and swore upon Heide. Overcome by fear, Ash was left with no other options than to report the news to Heide. Filled with rage, Heide cut Ash off and ordered him to fix what he had broken. 

Working day and night for what seemed to be an eternity he came to a resolution. Rushing to tell Heide, he shouted out his idea. Passions would no longer be expressed through bodies, but rather through their spirit and mind. The physical form of the spirit could be extracted from the body by collecting the ashes after a ritual burning of a dead man. Where the ashes touch the Earth is where the passions will grow.  With a simple but slight head nod from Heide, Ash was eager to go to work. 

After dispersing the ashes amongst the land with Heide’s help of the wind, right before their eyes a surreal habitat started to form. Flowers bloomed, trees evolved, animals birthed, and terrain folded. Not only did the land shift as planned but also did the creatures that once roamed the land. Color was at least increased by tenfold and everything was placed like a perfectly painted picture. A whole new world sat in front of them, and with the reassuring cheers of the humans Heide and Ash finally agreed on being acquaintances.