Goldilocks the Thief | Teen Ink

Goldilocks the Thief

By sm1thvanessa BRONZE, Holt, Missouri
sm1thvanessa BRONZE, Holt, Missouri

At a beautiful lake, far, far away, sat a house. This lakehouse comfortably fits a momma, a papa, and a kid. One day, they had left their house for a day out on the lake. 

On the same day, Goldilocks had wanted to go on a walk; she went so far that she had found the tiny lakehouse. She had walked so much, she was so thirsty and tired; she needed to sit down. She went inside the tiny house, going straight to the kitchen. She looked through the cabinets until she found a cup. She filled up the blue plastic cup with water from the fridge. 

When she finished the water, she sat it on the table and walked to the rooms. She walked into the first room, it had 2 beds in it. She laid on the first bed and found an iPad. The iPad didn’t have any fun games, and the bed was too big. She went to the next bed and found another iPad. The bed was still too big, The iPad had YouTube; she watched a video but got bored of it. Goldilocks walked out of the room and went to the other room. There was a little bed that looked perfect for her, which it was. There was also an iPad on that bed. She took her shoes off and got snug in bed. She played on the iPad until she fell fast asleep. 

Momma, papa, and Kid walked into the house. They walked to the kitchen; the blue cup on the counter caught their eyes.

“It isn’t mine,” Papa said, knowing Momma was already blaming him. 

“It’s not mine,” Kid said, mimicking papa. 

“Hmm, it’s not mine either, '' Momma said. She picked the cup up and set it in the sink. Momma walked to her room and found her iPad sitting on her bed with a video playing. That's weird, I didn’t put that on, she thought. Kid walked to his room, then let out a loud screech. 

“There’s someone in my bed!” He screamed. Momma and Papa rushed in. Goldilocks shot up. She jumped out of his bed and ran past them; she stopped at the door to put shoes on. Momma, Papa, and Kid followed her path to the door. 

“She stole my shoes,” Kid said, pouting. 

Goldilocks ran into her house; her sister, sitting in the living room, jumped up. 

“Did you run here?” Nessylocks asked her sister. 

“I- th- he-” Goldilocks stuttered and tried to catch her breath. 

“Just breathe,” Nessylocks replied. 

“When I went on that walk, I found a house. I went in and fell asleep, but they came back and I ran all the way here!” Goldilocks let out in one breath. 

“Why did you go in there? Why did you sleep in there?” Nessylocks had a lot of questions. 

“I was tired,” she complained. 

Nessylocks let out a big sigh, but when she looked down, she saw Goldilocks’ shoes. 

“Goldilocks, who’s shoes are those?”

Goldilocks let out a big gasp, “Not mine!” 

“You have to return them,” Nessylocks stated.

“I can’t go back there!”

“You have to!”

After lots of bickering, Goldilocks agreed; only because Nessylocks was going with her. It was a long walk, but they finally made it. Nessylocks knocked on the door since Goldilocks wouldn’t. 

“Yes?” Momma said as she opened the door

Nessylocks pushed Goldilocks forward, “Um, I have your son's shoes,” Goldilocks held his shoes in her hand, then handed them over. 

“You were the girl in his bed!” Momma yelled. 

“Yes, I’m sorry,” Goldilocks replied then ran off again. 

“Sorry,” Nessylocks repeated then chased after her. 

In the end, Kid got his shoes back and Goldilocks will never go back to their house, or any house. 

This was an assignment for my creative writing class, called A Fractured Fairy Tale. The premise of the assignment was to change up a fairy tale in some way and also feature in it (I'm Nessylocks).