The Enchanted Quest Of The Crystal Kingdom | Teen Ink

The Enchanted Quest Of The Crystal Kingdom

Once upon a time, in a far off kingdom nestled between towering mountains, and lush forests all around, there lived a young princess named Aurora. Aurora was not your typical princess, she fancied for any adventure and a curious mind that often led her into trouble. 

One day, while exploring the enchanted woods surrounding the castle, Aurora stumbled upon a hidden piece of land where a mischievous fairy named Luna resided. Luna was known for her love of pranks and tricks, but she also possessed a magical gift that could grant to those pure of heart. 

Intrigued by Luna’s powers Aurora asked for a wish to be granted. Luna, sensing the princess’s adventurous spirit, granted her wish, but with a twist. “I have fractured your wish into multiple pieces, they are scattered around the kingdom. It is up to you and your persistence to find them and put it together.” Luna had an almost evil sensation that you couldn’t put into words. 

Determined to reclaim her wish, Aurora embarked on a quest that led her through treacherous forests, mystical caves. Along the way, she encountered a crew of characters. A talking squirrel with a penchant for riddles, a grumpy troll who guarded a bridge, and a wise old wizard who offered puzzled advice. As Aurora journeyed through the kingdom, she faced numerous challenges that tested her courage. She learned valuable lessons about perseverance, and the true meaning of wishes. 

After many afflictions, Aurora managed to gather all of the fractured pieces of her wish and returned to Luna’s glade. With the wave of Luna’s wand, the wish was restored, and Aurora’s heart’s desire was granted. But her adventure was far from over. The fractured wish had unleashed a chain of events that threatened the kingdom. With the help of her newly found friends, Aurora begins on a final quest to restore balance and piece to the land.  

Aurora wandered around the kingdom trying to pick and pull pieces to save the kingdom. Until she meets the beast.. Nevertheless she morals herself together as she shivers with fear, only to find out she has to fall in love with him to reunite the kingdom. She began to run until she couldn't anymore. “You can't run forever!” the beast growled in sadness Aurora heard a rumble from far away, so startled her exhausted legs began to run again. 

“COME BACK, we need to save the kingdom” The beast awaited for her return yet nothing but silence. 

(The Next Morning)  

“wake up, wake up ” 

“Huh, who’s there” Aurora mumbled in her sleepy voice  

“The bees are coming, GET UP!” 

Aurora took a big stretch, stood up, and picked the leaves out of her hair, confused on who had interrupted her splendid snooze. The walk back to the kingdom felt like days to accomplish. It only got further and further. 

“It's so amazing to see you” destiny’s remarks were so pesky,  Aurora could hardly remember the night she had met a beast. Knowing she had the truth to everything, she needed to hear it from someone other than the trembling creature everyone had then feared. 

The kingdom was only getting worse by the hour. Aurora refused to meet the beast again, deep down she knew it had to be done to nourish and protect her newly found friends of the village. Something struck her with power to do the right thing after time was wasted from fear. Ever so slight, Beast fancied a dinner with the sight of his love. Moments of silence went past as if there were nobody in the room. Finally once spoken, things lightened up. Aurora started to realize the beast isn't here to rip off her face, he's here to love and save his long lost kingdom. 

That is exactly what they did. Prominence passed, Aurora and the beast got to know each other's deepest secrets and stories about each other. It felt as though they were best friends since birth. Hour of words exchanged, Aurora and the beast lived happily ever after in the majestic kingdom with their longly lived friends.