The Moon Landing | Teen Ink

The Moon Landing

The year was 1969. It was going to be the year when the first man steps foot on the moon. Elon is going to be the first person to step foot on the moon with the other two crew members Neil and Bob, Neil had been Elon’s best friend since they were little kids, and he had recently met Bob while doing space training. Elon was suiting up with the other crew members ready to enter the spaceship. Neil was very talkative and very distracting to the other astronauts and kept talking about how they were going to be the first people on the moon, but Bob was the opposite. He was quiet and shy and didn't socialize with the other crew members as much as Neil. The crew walks up to the elevator to enter the spaceship, The astronauts enter the spaceship and put on their seatbelts. As the countdown goes down  “Three…. Two….. One…”. The spaceship launches off the air with a lot of shaking. The spaceship is in the air. Neil admires the view that he sees from the sky while Bob has his eyes closed. After nine minutes they had left earth's atmosphere and had three more days to get to the moon.

On day one nothing had really happened other than Bob feeling really nauseous, on day two there was a lot of shaking in the spaceship which worried the astronauts but it didn't last long and the shaking stopped eventually. On day three the crew started getting ready for landing; they were twenty minutes away from landing. The radar started beeping like crazy, something was coming towards the direction of the spaceship. Elon was worried since they were so close to the `moon, but at the same time there was something coming their way and they couldn't avoid it. It was an asteroid, they were scared they were going to crash  into the asteroid and die. Bob turned on the boosters since they were about to land; they were off, but they needed it to avoid the asteroid; So Elon sped up and tried to avoid the asteroid; he barely avoided the asteroid. They lost control of the spaceship and did not know what to do. Elon started panicking since he could not control the spaceship anymore. "It's over” said Elon as he stared at the moon thinking he failed but no that but he also failed the world as he couldn't make it to the moon. But Neil said “never back down, never what” and Elon said “Never Give Up!!!” So Elon navigates the spaceship and tries his best to land and by a little margin he lands the spaceship but one of the boosters stopped working and they had a rough landing. “ We made it” screams out Neil and Bob’ While Elon starts to tear up and feels really proud of himself. After five minutes passed the crew had suited up and were ready to go and step foot on the moon. 

s soon as they exit Elon glares at the moon then admires the scenery,  he steps foot on the moon .He feels like he has completed his life by landing on the moon, Bob walks around and he gets abstracted because he saw a chimora in the distance, it was a spider a nefarious looking spider with darkness in his eyes . Bob started screaming because the spider was coming their way, but Neil and Elon thought he was being prattle because it was impossible to be a giant spider on the moon. Elon turns around and sees a giant spider and is about to catch up to Bob, Neil turns around and starts running while Elon froze watching Bob about to get eaten. Elon starts running too but Bob tripped on a rock and spider catches up to him and the spider starts ripping out Bob’s limbs. The spider does not go for the others since he had eaten Bob already.. Elon Turns around one more ti me and sees that the spider has disappeared already. He Screams to Neil that the spider has disappeared, and while Neil is coming back to Elon another spider jumps out the floor of the moon and instantly eats Neil without hesitation. Neil watches as both of his friends have gotten eaten alive, and there is know way he can get home without the other crew mates. Neil looks at the planet earth and sees the asteroid that they had avoided and watches as it hits earth and destroys it. Neil knows that he wont be able to survive in the moon for that long so he takes of his helmet and dies.

Is about the moon landing going horribly wrong