Undead Cybernetics | Teen Ink

Undead Cybernetics

September 6, 2023
By CoreyJN BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
CoreyJN BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 (Currently Dreaming)...Swinging through the jungle is super fun, it's a great way to pass the time when waiting for Mother to find food and cook it for us. However, it can be a very dangerous activity due to the chance that you’ll hit a tree attempting to swerve in and out of it. (Suddenly as Toby is thinking this he hits a tree bumping his head) I then awoke in a very mysterious cybertronic city. In a weird language, I automatically was able to understand I read City Of Turran on a wall in a shabby-looking building. A bummy-looking boy approached me as I woke up. He claimed he saw me fall from the sky a couple of hours ago and that I finally woke up from what seemed to be a nighttime snooze in the SOT. He told me his name was Zack, Although he seemed very poor he appeared to be very genuine and I felt like I could trust him.

 Eventually, he asked me if I was hungry which I replied yes due to the last memory of the real world I had was of my mom preparing food. He led me into a nicer region of the city where they encountered a high-end-looking woman running away from some weird-looking mechanical robots. They looked like they smelled like oil and rust which is when Zack then informed me that they were the police officers of this city called Trek Bots. I then told the Trek Bots to get away and growled as if I was a big lion similar to the ones back in the jungle where I'm from. The Trek Bot then drew its hilariously small firearm out and threatened to shoot me and my newfound companions. Sanna then told me to run which I promptly listened to for some reason. We made our way through the city dodging between alleyways and buildings avoiding the seemingly infinite amount of Trek Bots in the area. Eventually, we made it to a very insanely large building and took a big metal crate which Sanna called an elevator to what seemed like heaven. Sanna took us into the room which she and Zack both called a penthouse suite where she said her dad worked. She told me that she was very thankful for me saving her and offered me some powdered donuts which were a pastry they ate frequently in this world. It was very dry… She started asking me all sorts of questions and explaining to me that her dad was looking for something to advance his research and told me that he recently had a hiccup in one of his experiments attempting to open a portal to another world which he said was successful at first but then ended up failing due to another portal failing to open. Then a door bursts open and a strange-looking man in a suit and tie walks in and asks what is the meaning of this. Sanna then tries to explain to him the entire story but the entire time he is focused on Zack and Me.

Zack then tries to go up to the man in all of his excitement because he knows that this man is the leading scientist in his favorite series of experiment comic books which are based on true events and real experiments. As he approaches the man the man lets out a kick which seems almost inhuman. Zack flies back coughing which then prompts me to pick him up and run away jumping out of the building and landing in a dumpster. We somehow survived and managed to escape but not before Will went back into his secret room in his suite and hit a button that released a horde of cybertronic zombies.

Me and Will have been running for hours away from the ravaging army of zombies. We have been ducking and covering at every moment due to their marching and galavanting throughout the city. Every corner we turn the zombies are there almost as if they know exactly where we are. We suddenly realize that we have been being followed by a mysterious figure in a hoodie for about 45 minutes. We decide to turn a corner and abruptly stop to catch the stalker. As soon as we enact our plan they send another flying kick which seems to resemble the one that Will performed on Zack. We see that they have a very abnormal arm which looks almost like a forest inside of their arm. Almost as if they have their terrarium built into their arm. The stalker then allows Zack to get up from the floor as he has been hit by yet another kick which in turn causes him to be significantly injured and unable to walk. The mysterious stalker then removes their hood and reveals that they are Sanna and that her dad had tried to get her to stay with him but she ran away to look for them and that her dad in the end did not argue. Zack and I explained the situation with the zombies and told her that they kept track of us even as we were running away no matter what we did or where we went. Sanna then reaches an unbelievable conclusion and rips a cybernetic tracker embedded into her neck that her dad gave her when she was young to provide her with advanced dreams where she could go anywhere she wanted. Then all of a sudden multiple zombies appear out of nowhere and attack me. They attempt to bite me but Sanna whips out a big robotic gun which she reveals later that she stole from her dads not so secret room. She then obliterates each zombie one by one and tells me to pick up Zack and go back to the suite with her. With reluctance, I go along with her and head back to the suite.

Eventually, Sanna, Zack, and I made it back to the suite. We went up the same elevator and entered the suite to face the wall. Will was sitting in the very back of the room in a very bad ending character in a video game fashion as Zack said. I wasn’t sure what he meant but the way he was sitting was very ominous. As we entered he stood up and said that he needed me to stay there with him or else he could not allow me to live. He claimed I was his property due to me coming through his portal or his experiment making me his. I refused to accept being another one's property so in proper jungle fashion I challenged him to a duel which he promptly accepted. Will clicked a button on his arm and suddenly his eyes and arms began glowing with various vibrant colors. Zack and Sanna both claimed he was activating his cybernetic powers which were gonna make him immensely stronger than before. Due to this information, I proceeded with caution. He must have felt pity towards me since I was fighting with no weapon because he laid out many weapons for me to choose from. I prefer Bostaffs so in normal I chose that. I surged at him with my staff and suddenly saw him disappear. I then felt a great pain in my side and looked around seeing him on another side of the room. He was fast. I then attacked many more times to no avail. Then I had an idea and asked Sanna If she had any cybernetic implants similar to the ones she had with dreams and trackers. She said yes and quickly threw me one which I quickly implanted into my neck making me insanely fast and increasing my perception, agility, and physical prowess greatly. Now that I got an upgrade I went to Will who was sitting patiently and overwhelmed him. I eventually hit him with a great blow to the head which seemed to knock him out cold ending in my great triumph over Will the CEO. At least that's what Zack called him. It has been 3 months since I defeated Will and I decided to stay here in Turran after weeks of convincing and delegating from Sanna and Zack. This will be my home for now until Will decides to let me go home. 


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece inspired by many robotic/cybertronic games and movies.