Part of Screen Play-- What do You Think? | Teen Ink

Part of Screen Play-- What do You Think?

By Gloria619 SILVER, Grants Pass, Oregon
Gloria619 SILVER, Grants Pass, Oregon

Int. Dark Room Underground – Night

Seven men in black robes gather around a tall dark looking figure who is praying to a small marble vampire looking idol in a deep rough foreign language. Only the men’s torn up and scared faces and hands are visible. The room is made of brown brick, its dark and about 30ft all the way around. Its full of dust and dirt and cob webs and has few lanterns on the walls.

The men are from the centuries when Christ lived. They are saints that were corrupted then burned to death because of the murders the committed on dozens of Jesus’ disciples. The leading tall dark man, who is known as their lord turns around raises his arms and begins to speak to the men. He takes his necklace that holds a five inch ruby sapphire, which contains the blood of all the disciples’ decedents except one.

Once he is done talking in his foreign language he orders the men to leave and quickly stops the youngest one by surrounding him with a bluish force field. The young man turns around and smirks.

Lord Lance
You make her fall in love with you. Then destroy her life, break her soul, and bury the body but bring the heart itself back to me. It’s a promise I made my father.

Young Luke then turns to leave. Luke is hundreds of years old but portrays himself in the body of a twenty-one year old. He has black hair, tan skin and blue eyes. As he’s walking out he turns slowly and looks at the Lord in his eyes and breathes in and holds his breath for a few seconds.

Luke
You do understand that is the little one is born the blood of all will combine? (looks down and sees the blood in his veins and palms pulsing, then looks back up) And you know these beasts of yours have completed their burdens put upon them in your last capture. And they are not obligated under your rule to take what you say into thought.

Luke turns to leave. Then stops to hear what Lord Lance has to tell him.

Lord Lance
They are still in my debt Luke. If you remember correctly, you all decided to deceive my father Akakios put all of you on the brink of death. If it wasn’t for the last soul I found buried within the dusts of the tomb none of you would have lived to tell me what these beasts are obligated to do. So don’t tell me what they are or are not obligated to do.

Cut to- Ext. Park along stream in Vienne - Afternoon (1:30 pm)

Giselle (Zelle) is wearing a yellow dress with a pair of Egyptian sandals. She is a nineteen year old teenager, has black hair, brown eyes and tanned skin. She is the type of girl that is aware of her surroundings, but can be oblivious to what she does and knows. She always tries to find the deeper meaning in life and is one who loves to relax and listen to her portable music.

It’s a sunny day and she is surrounded by lots of old buildings in the distance from the park. Luke stares from a distance watching Giselle. He is perched on a ledge on the top of a building next to a dark alley. He examines her every move and action.

Giselle is walking out of a café towards the Lausanne Park. You can hear the stream at the park running as it gets louder while she walks towards it. She walks across the park to the stream and sets her bags with books down and lays back. She then sits up and digs in her bag to look for her music. She then lays back down and listens to her music. A fierce wind picks up all of a sudden and Giselle has to push her dress down quickly. She sits up as the sky begins to darken. The wind blows fiercely then stops all of a sudden. The trees seem to whisper her name and she turns her upper body quickly to look behind her and notices that everyone seems to have left the park and silence beings to make her nervous.

She then turns her upper body back around slowly still looking back at the park. She then turns her head and screams and falls backwards. A young man puts his hand over her mouth and his other hand on her arm pushing her down. She struggles to break lose. Tears fill her eyes as she sees people walking by and not responding or trying to help her. The man tries to calm her down.

James
Be quiet I beg you Zelle. Please don’t scream anymore. Little one listen to me. You need to return home to where your days began. You must return to be forgotten. The blood within you r vessel has arranged itself to the temples of life and death. Until your protectors know what they have to do to fully protect you, you are in great danger. Then you can return on the eve after the lords have been destroyed.

Giselle
(Looks at James scared tense and confused)
Zelle? Why did you call me that? Only my father calls me that.

James looks at the top of the building were Luke is perched. He looks at him constantly for any dangerous movement)

James
Return home to your grandparents in Tillamook. They are the only ones that have full protection over you at this moment.

Giselle
But my father is....

James
NO! He can’t be there for you right now. Just listen to me carefully. You must leave as soon as possible. You are not safe here and if anything happens to you then we are all in great danger. I will make sure your father is safe.

Giselle
How do you know my father? And I can’t... I won’t! Leave!
(she gets up and picks up her items and tries to leave)

James walks after her, grabs her shoulder and turns her around. He takes her face in his palms and looks her in the eyes.

James
(whispers and looks down)Leave Giselle please. I know this makes no sense right now but I can’t have you get hurt it would kill me. (looks back up)

Giselle
Who are....

James takes his finger and covers her mouth. Giselle looks worried and scared. She then looks at James and can’t quite understand what is happening and why James cares so much. The both stare into each others eyes. James leans forward and quickly and gives her a hung. Giselle is confused and as she goes to rest her head on James shoulder she sees a blurry figure move quickly through the streets. The figure turns his head constantly to look at her then he turns into a dark ally. Right before he walks into the ally he turns once more to look at her and smiles.

Cut to:

Ext. In front of old apartment building

Giselle is walking out of her small apartment with two suitcases. She closes the door behind her then looks back at the apartment. She walks down the few steps and turns left. She walks to the end of the side walk and waits for the light to turn green. She then walks down a long pair of stirs to the underground railroad. She looks around to find someone to ask about the times and destinations.

Giselle
(walks up to a older looking man) Excuse me sir, which of these trains would take you to the central

The man turns around and stares at her. He has got broad shoulders and big dark brown eyes. He is wearing a foot length dark coat and a black hat. He looks down at her and stares at her for about a minute and doesn’t say anything. He then scrunches his eyes together and reaches into his pocket to check the time as he is still staring at her awkwardly. Giselle takes a step back and begins to look down because she thinks the man is acting really awkward.

Man
(looks at Giselle) Its time to go. (then points to the train she is supposed to get on)

Giselle walks through the train doors as it is about to leave. She turns back to look at the man who gave her the directions and notices that he is gone. She then turns half back around looking confused and looks for a seat to sit on. She leans her head back and closes her eyes. The train takes of and blows its horn. She jumps because it scares her then looks out the window of her seat and sees James standing in a crowd of people moving. She turns to look at him as the train takes of.

Camera- Showing train leaving from behind.
Close up- James slowly watching the train leave.

Cut to:

Int. Underground Subway
Giselle
(Mumbling)Please tell me this is worth my
time.

The train comes to a stop and Giselle watches a whole bunch of people enter the bus. And old man heads her way. He uses a cane is wearing sweat pants and sweater. He walks up to Giselle and asks to sit next to her. Giselle moves over by the window and sets her bags under the seat.

Warin
Good Afternoon there young lady. What is one so young traveling in the out land areas of Vienna alone?

Giselle
Returning to that states. Tillamook is where I left long ago and am now for needed to return.

Warin
Needed?

Giselle
It’s not a question I understand myself. I came home late the night before last from Lausanne park right next to the Levour river. I had just left my friend Roswell from the café about 2 miles down the road. My mind was thinking to much about my schooling and I needed to get away and be left alone. Lately I’ve been having nightmares of strangers I have never seen before. These men who travel in groups that keep talking about a descendent of one of Jesus’ disciples. Though I can not tell whether this person is male or female. All I can ever see is the back of their head because they wear a long white coat with a hood, (she pauses and looks down at her palms) I’m sorry you don’t know me and I am just going on about things you probably have no interest in.

Warin
Well I don’t know quite what to make of this but I really find what you say interesting. I believe you are being led down a road unknown, one you are very confused over or something that could change your points of view. But I think you just might find who you are looking for in the end.

Giselle
What are you saying?

Warin
You’ll understand when the time comes
(Warin stands up because the train has reached a destination town in Vienna. Warin stands up and gets off)
Nice talking to you young lady.

Giselle looks at him and nods and then turns out to look out the window.

Cut to:

Int. Large Room with early century furniture and accessories

James, Giselle’s father (Gabriel), Cody, Isaac, David, Michael, Javier (are all the boys she grew up with that all took care of each other)

Gabriel is Giselle’s father. He is a tall muscular man. Around his 40’s and is single because his wife died. He has blue eyes and dark brown hair.

Gabriel has his arms crossed behind his back and is looking out a tall window. He turns around and looks over all the young men standing and sitting around the room.

Gabriel
Who is watching her right now?

James
(turns around in his chair from looking at books he is searching through) Donovan has his boys watching her. Nathan will be staying on the plane for the two nights until it arrives in Oregon. Donovan will arrive in Tillamook on Tuesday and go talk to Lloyd and Paul about the arrangements we have made for her in the meanwhile.

Gabriel
Isaac, go down to the shop and talk to Mrs. Jane about our machinery. David I need you to call Donovan and ask him what Lloyd told him about the plans to keep her for the time being.

David nods and starts walking towards the door. Before he exits he turns back around and looks at Gabriel.

David
What if we can’t keep her safe?

Gabriel
That’s not a question that should need to be asked. The question is how long is it going to take us to get our equipment ready and take these boys out? In the meanwhile, I need for you to do what I asked so we can get this job over with and bring my little girl back home.

David gives half a smile. He turns around and leaves.

James stares and Gabriel. Gabriel and James stare and each other in silence for about twenty seconds.

James
How long will this take us?

Gabriel
I don’t know. (looks back out the window) I have not interacted with them for several years now. And as of what I know, they have grown in numbers and his boys serve him and will kill any who come between them.

James
We have enough of our own and we could get more. We are strong and c

Gabriel
They are experienced in centuries over us. What we have is a bunch of wild young boys who think all those who stand in their way will fall before their presence. And whether we can stop even half of them I still am not sure of.

James
I won’t let him hurt her! (standing up and yelling)
Gabriel
(quiet) I know James.

James
I will do anything in my power to keep her away from this life of ours. She does not need to relive this again. We almost lost her before Gabriel!

Gabriel
James he wont hurt her believe me. Whether we all die destroying them or only very few of us are left she will not get hurt.

James stares at Gabriel with stern eyes. He then stands up and walks out of the room.

Cut to:

Int. Air Port

Giselle walks towards the check in counter to give her bags and show her ID and get her ticket.

-Angle: Int. Air port Showing Giselle Walking

Lady at Counter
Good Afternoon, How may I help you?

Giselle
I just need to check in my bags and get my ticket

Lady at Counter
Very well then let me take those for you and give me one second.

The lady reaches over the counter and takes her suitcases and purse.

Lady at Counter
You are allowed to have one carry on when you enter the plane. So if you would like to keep your purse with you since its small enough that would be fine.

Giselle
Yes I would like to thank you.

Lady at Counter
Of course and here is your ticket enjoy your ride Ms. Hudgens

Giselle takes her bag and sticks her passport in her bag. She notices that the flash for messages on her phone is going off. She takes her phone out of her purse and opens it up to see who called. A voice message was left from an anonymous number. She calls her voice mail

Voicemail: To listen to you messages press 1. Giselle presses 1 and listens closely. For about thirty seconds there a quiet breathing in the back round. A screaming voice then comes through the speaker of the phone.

Anonymous Voice
(screaming) Help please. Return now. You can’t leave, I beg you. The line gets cut
off and all you can here is a dead signal.

The phone beeps signaling the other line. It’s an anonymous caller. Giselle starts to get frighten thinking it’s the same person. Pressing the button to switch over to the other line she hesitates.

Giselle
(stuttering) Hello, who’s this?

Gabriel(father)
How is your flight going so far Zelles?

Giselle
Oh it’s you. I haven’t boarded yet but I am heading to the café to get something to drink.

Gabriel
Who were you expecting?

Giselle
What do you mean?

Gabriel
You said, Oh its you, as if you were expecting someone else to call…

Giselle
Oh its nothing. (looks around to find bathroom)I have to go now its almost time to go. Love you dad bye. (hangs up phone)

Giselle heads to the bathroom after taking to her father. She goes into the bathroom and looks around because it is a high class bathroom. She heads to the mirror then puts her hands on the counter and leans half way over the sink and looks at herself in the mirror.

Giselle lets out a big sighs. As she heads to go into the stall about to close the door the lights flicker. She then turns around then peeks out the door to see if anyone is there. There is no one there so she closes the door and leans against it. She reaches into her bag and looks for her cell phone. Looking through her contacts she finds her friend Roswell. She dials the number and waits for Roswell to answer.

Roswell
Hello?

Giselle
Good you answered. What are you doing?

Roswell
Getting ready to go over to my grandparents and help them paint the barn. Have you left yet?

Giselle
No. My plane doesn’t leave for another forty-five minutes. And I really am not looking forward to traveling twenty hours back to Tillamook. (sounding and looks upset) I don’t understand the point. This young man James, who I suppose is close friends with my father goes and tells him it is really important that I visit my grandparents because it’s paying them the proper respect as my elders. Then he runs up to me one day at Lausanne and tells me its not safe for me to stay in Vienna these next months. This guy is crazy and a complete jerk. And why my father is doing this to me I don’t know. Why should any stranger that I have never known or even met tell my father what I need to do? And what is the point. I don’t think either of my grandparents are sick or are having any type of life problem. And yes I have not seen them in the last ten years but they were the ones that wanted to send me to my father as soon as possible. And I begin college in the fall and this little trip is not helping. Do you know how much work I still have to finish?

Roswell
So why don’t you finish it while you spend time with your grandparents?
Giselle
ROSWELL!

Roswell
Whatttt?

Giselle

My point is you need to do something or say something to my father before I step onto that plane and am on my way to no return!

Roswell
Oh Giselle, you complain too much. And I think its good for you that you are able to see you grandparents again after so long.

Lights in the bathroom flicker four times again. Then Giselle herthe bathroom door slam really hard. She jumps then takes the phone away from her ear to hear if anyone is there.

Giselle
(whispers into the speaker) Hold on a second

She opens the stall door half way and peeks her head out to look around.

Giselle
(out loud in bathroom) Hello? Is someone in here?

Roswell
(yelling through phone) Giselle what is going on?

Giselle steps out of the stall and looks around the bathroom. She walks in front of all the stalls to check if someone is in there. All of a sudden she feels a huge rumble and hears people screaming in the air port. She runs to the door and swings it open. There are hundreds of people running towards the doors around screaming. She looks towards the entrance to the portals and sees a huge plane crashed into the building. Outside there are three other planes that have been bombed. She looks up to the third story and sees three men in long black suits starring down at her grinning. She runs back into the bathroom and puts the cell phone to her ear.

Giselle
(scared and quick breathing) Roswell, I have to go. (hangs up the phone)

Giselle grabs her purse off the sink counter and runs out the door. She sees the entrance and runs towards it. Right as she is reaching for the door Luke grabs her wrist and smiles at her.

Giselle
(gasps) STOP!

Luke
(smirking) Now why would I want to do that? I have what I want and I am not letting it go.

Giselle
(scared) Who are you?

Luke
You want to find out?

Giselle looks at him confused then runs the other way back towards the inside. Luke laughs the walks after her.

Luke
Leaving so soon?

Giselle
(yelling)Leave me the hell alone!

Luke
You are the last one that will make me free. Do you know how dam tired I am of being locked down from my own free will? (chuckling the turns into mad yelling) Though by my own free will I would kill you anyway.

Giselle
Why are you doing this?

Your own father put you in this position. He destroyed almost all we ever had. He ruined our convent and killed almost everyone he ever knew. HE BETRAYED US! He was one of us but then because he married that absolute worthless dirty women, your Mother I suppose she would be(chuckling) he eventually killed her too. He took almost everything I ever had away from me and my people. It is in my will that I murder the only one he has left.

Giselle
(voice shaking and angry)You are nothing! He loved her! She was his everything! You lie!

Luke turns around and sees the large window shatter. He ducks down. Giselle runs off the opposite way. Luke turns back around to look at Giselle and sees that she has disappeared.

Giselle runs towards an elevator that is open. She rapidly and scared pushes the main floor button. The doors close. She slides down to sit on the floor of the elevator. She closes her eyes as she pictures her dreams that she has been having and notices that the man in her dreams is her father holding her dead mother with blood all over his hands. They are by a dark river where the fog is really thick)

Giselle looks at him confused scared and mad. She doesn’t know what to do or say. She is just standing still looking lifeless.

Cut to:

Int. Roswell’s Small bedroom

Roswell calls Gabriel in panic. She runs down stairs to her brothers’ room. She swings the door open and walks to the closet. She slams the doors open and to look for her arrow gun. Gabriel answers the phone.

Roswell
They found her. He’s there. Send Donovan in there to get her.
I’m headed over there right now. (hangs up the phone)

Cut to: Large Room with all the men

Gabriel
(looks at James nervous and mad) James go get her!

James looks at Gabriel with angry eyes. He stands up nocks his chair over and throws the books on his desk all over the floor.

James
(yelling as he walks towards the door) I am going to kill him with my bare hands if he touches her!

James, Isaac, David, Michael leave the building. Gabriel goes into a dark room. The room has maroon velvet walls. On the walls are pictures of his father and mother and grandparents. A deck lay right in the middle of the dark room.

Gabriel goes around the desk. He kneels down and lifts up the thick carpet covering a metal door. He enters in a locker combination to open the floor door. He opens the door and steps down a long round metal stair case. Goes down to a dark cellar. There are different types and sizes of machine guns. He opens a drawer from the cabinets and walks towards the wall to put th

Gabriel then looks at the bulletin board hanging on the right wall and sees pictures of Giselle as a little baby and her mom holding her. There are pictures of Giselle and James kissing and at their wedding. It shows Giselle holding a baby in her arms. This makes Gabriel even madder. He pounds his fist on the wall and yells. He snatches the bag of the table and walks back up the stairs.

Extreme Close Up- (Dark) Gabriel’s eyes glowing red

Cut to:

Ext. Night Garage doors opening

A Cadillac and Mustang both exit the garage quickly. You hear the tiers screech across the ground. James, Javier and Michael are in the Cadillac. Gabriel, Titan, and Cody are in the mustang.

Gabriel dials up James on the cell phone. James answers………

Cut to:
Ext. Parking lot – Night

Giselle is running towards the back of the building to try to find a door. In the far distance you can hear sirens. She hears foot steps walking her way. People are still running to get out. As Giselle is running towards the back of the door that she sees to get out she hears a little girl crying in one of the plane portals. She stops then turns back around to see if she can find the girl.

Little Girl
(far in the distance crying) Please someone help. Hello!

Cut to:

Ext. Outside Parking lot in front of Air port – Night

Roswell has arrived at the air port. She drives her car into the parking lot just stopping randomly anywhere. The tiers of the car screech. She gets out of her car and goes to open the back door. She grabs her bag of weapons and tosses it over her shoulder. She slams the door and begins to walk quickly towards the entrance.

Thunder in the distance starts to make noise and the lights in the air port begin to flicker. Lightning strikes lighting the outside of the air port up. Roswell enters the building and looks around. She begins to move quickly though out the whole building and goes up and down the stairs.

It begins to rain hard outside. You can hear the rain drops hitting the window panes really hard. Roswell looks out the third floor window and sees the lights from Gabriel’s and James’s cars. Roswell begins walking slowly back down stairs to greet them.

Cut to:
Giselle is looking quietly for the little girl’s voice that is yelling. She hears that the voice is coming from the second floor. She starts walking up the stairs towards the voice as it gets louder. There are still very few people evacuating on the lower floor.

Giselle
Hello? Where are you?

Little Girl
(screaming)Help me pleaseoo

Giselle looks over to see that the little girl is crushed under some wall debris. Giselle runs over to were the girl is.

Giselle
(worried) are you ok? (she starts lifting the rubble off of her)Talk to me! Are you ok?

Little Girl
Yah, I think I’m fine, my hand hurts really bad.

Giselle takes the little girls hands and starts pressing around to see if she can feel any broken bones.

Giselle
(as she’s looking at her hand) Whats your name?

Little Girl
Anna

Giselle
Ok well Anna does this hurt (she pushes on the middle part of her hand)

Little Girl
(tenses and pulls her hand back) Yes!

Giselle
I’m sorry. Were are you parents?

Little Girl
I’m by myself

Giselle
Yourself?(high pitch)

Little Girl
Yah. I was visiting my aunt and I was supposed to fly back to my parents

Giselle
Who was supposed to be watching you?

Little Girl
The attendance lady, but right before the plane exploded she left to get some information at the main office.

Giselle grabs her arms carefully and pulls her up. She brushes her off

This is part of my screen play what do you think?

on Aug. 8 2009 at 7:33 pm
Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Cool! Have you finished it yet-or have you only made this part?

Keep writing!