The Disappearing Rock | Teen Ink

The Disappearing Rock

By sk8ski4life GOLD, Lincoln, Massachusetts
sk8ski4life GOLD, Lincoln, Massachusetts

"Just because it's raining doesn't mean you can't go swimming."
~Anonymous

Once upon a time there lived a small girl who didn’t have any mother or father. She wasn’t very lonely because the birds outside her window kept her company. Though her house was old and creaky the small girl didn’t mind because it was very cozy.

She was very beutiful. And of course, since she was very beutiful, she had very beutiful clothes and things like that. After a while, she had spent all her money on beutiful things. So she had to sell almost everything she owned. The one thing besides her mother’s wedding veil and her father’s bow andarrows she kept a little tiny crystal. The small girl had kept it in a box for a very long time. She only dared to look at it a few times every week because it was very precious to her.

One day, she decided to take a peek at the crystal. When she opened the lid to the box, the crystal started shrinking! The small girl rubbed her eyes. When she opened her eyes the crystal was back to it’s original size! “Very odd.” She thought. But when she looked

Now you see it

Now you don’t!

at the crystal again, a few days later, the same thing happened! And again, and again, and again! The small girl decided to throw the crystal in a field to get rid of it. There a poor farmer found it and sold it for half a fortune. The small girl was very happy forever after. But the man who had bought the crystal wasn’t. He delivered it to the temple hoping the preists there would find it and use their magic on it. But try as they might the priests could not bring good luck into it. So they decided to bury it in the nearby meadow. And it is still buried there to this day.

when i was going through "word" on my computer i found this. apparently i wrote this when i was eight...