Bleu of the Sea | Teen Ink

Bleu of the Sea

By ZHANGXINYUE2006 SILVER, Chatham, Virginia
ZHANGXINYUE2006 SILVER, Chatham, Virginia

One day, a tornado is starting to form on a beach, getting closer and closer to this island. However, there isn’t any sand blowing up or any trace of waves. Instead, a child is placed silently in the middle of the beach with a white silk towel around her. An old couple, who want to have a kid, came out to fish. They see this child trying to roll toward the shade with her skinny arms. They are intrigued by her light blue eyes in the sunlight, reflecting their own shadow. They pick up that child, finding that there is a bracelet on her hand with a complicated pattern. Without thinking more, they bring her home and name her Bleu from her clear blue eyes.
       Growing up on this small island, it is difficult to not know everyone, especially Bleu. Her light blue eyes and long blue hair shine in the sunlight as she runs around the beach with her neighborhood. As she grows up, all her friends start to isolate her because of the jealousy of her pretty hair. She sits around the beach, playing around the sand with her feet. Just as she is running toward the sea, ready to jump in, a dark shell blocks her way. She stumbles and looks at that alien creature.
       The creature stretches its arms and legs out of the shell and says, “Finally, somebody summons me.”
       “Summon you?” Bleu says with confusion.
       The turtle yawns and insists that Bleu brought it here. Bleu starts to back up and is ready to run away from this alien creature. Then, the turtle shows her magic with water and teaches her to write her name on the sea. From then on, Bleu comes to the beach to meet this mysterious turtle. After a few years, she can now make different shapes with the waves and control the water. However, in the village, the growing beauty of this blue hair woman draws all the attention. The other women become bitter and push her into the pool around the city center. They turn away and laugh, not knowing that danger is slowly creeping toward them. Bleu walked out of the water with a water pillar behind her, forming different shapes as her eyes turn to red. The water splashes toward the women, and the women run and try to escape. With a hit, they all fall into the water as Bleu walks toward them. Since then, Bleu is no longer that girl that will hide. She is going to fight against whoever stands before her. The villager gives her the name “The Blueish Witch.”
       As usual, she swims into the sea and finds the turtle. The turtle looks at her seriously and says, “It’s time.”
       “We can go deep in the sea?” Bleu exclaimed. She wanted to go down and explore more for a long time, but the turtle hasn’t allowed her.
       “Yes,” the turtle explained, “I need to tell you something before you dive down and face your challenge.”
       “Is there something that I need to be aware of?”
       “No, it’s something more important. The bracelet that was born with you isn’t usual. It’s that bracelet that summons me. It’s the bracelet of the king of the sea. I am his guardian, and this bracelet with his order brings me to you. You are the daughter of the king of the sea, Ulis.”
       “This bracelet? No. I know my parents. They are people from the island. They never told me about that.”
       She runs back, and her parents tell her the truth about her identity as an orphan. She asks the turtle where her true parents are and why they left her there. The turtle shakes its head and disappears. The girl used her power-dive into the deep water, determined to find out her parents. As she dives into the sea, a new world starts to emerge in front of her.
       She runs to the guardian around the border and asks, “Do you know Ulis? Where is Ulis?”
       “Ulis,” the guardian says, “I had never heard of this person.”
       “He’s the king of this world,” Bleu yelled. The guardian frowns and walks away. In a corner, a woman hears the name and quickly grabs Bleu.
       “How do you know him?” the woman asks in amazement.
       “Who? Ulis?” Bleu says. “You know him?”
       “That’s the forbidden name to mention.” She looks around and grabs Bleu to her shop.
       “He was a powerful king until he married a woman from the land. Then, he and his wife are killed by the nobles.”
       Bleu says, “they are my parents. Who killed them?”
       “Mom and Dad? You’re their child? Are you the destined one? Please kill this ruthless king. He kills his citizen and asks his soldiers to steal children from the land for fun and feed them to his pets.”
       “Destined one?” Bleu asks. The old woman tells her that there was an unusual sign on the sky when the king was crowned. It symbolized that somebody would come and get revenge for the past.
       Bleu is enraged by the death of her parents. She furiously runs toward the palace, where her parents’ murderer lives. She broke through the guardians and ran toward the throne. The king, with several women beside him, yells and asks for help.
       Bleu dashes in front of him and scolds, “Why did you kill my parents? Why do you kill the kids and your people?”
       “Don’t kill me. I didn’t do that. There is a group behind me controlling me. I can help you. Please don’t kill me. They ask me to bring new children and people for them.”
       “Who are they? Where are they?” Bleu’s red eyes turn back to clear blue.
       “They are called The Unnamed. Don’t fight them. They are strong. They dwell under my palace. They are not regular humans. They are….”
       Without listening more, Bleu already breaks through the palace's ground and launches forward, but she doesn’t know the danger in front of her. The Death Soldiers emerge from the ground with their bare bones. They run toward Bleu without any emotion, only the urge for blood. Bleu closes her eyes and performs the magic that the turtle tells her. She breaks through layers of the Death Soldiers, but there is no end. Her magic power starts to decelerate, and her face turns red from her continuous spell and excessive energy use.
       “Come out,” Bleu yells. “Don’t hide behind. I know you are there. You are a crazy monster. Don’t hide. I won’t surrender.”
       Suddenly, a voice came out from the deeper cave, “Child, you are too young. Don’t try. I know your parents, but they have already dissolved into dust. I will gladly take you as my servants if you don’t want to die.”
       “Servant? I will kill you with my magic and revenge for my….” Bleu says. Light shoots out as she is talking. She tries to block it with her power, but the light breaks through her magic and launches toward her. She creates her protection shield repeatedly, but they all dissolve as the light touches. Just as the light is about to reach Bleu, Bleu stretches her arm in front of her to block the light. Suddenly, the bracelet's blue energy power broke out and formed a magic core, crushing toward the light.
       The collision creates a bring light, so Bleu closes her eyes. As she opens her eyes again, she’s in a different dimension with a young woman and a handsome guy. She asks if she’s dead and descends to the underworld now. The man and the lady reveal their identity as her parents. Bleu runs toward them, but she can’t hug them. They say it’s a temporary world for protection, and they will disappear soon. They warn Bleu that the one from the underworld uses black and forbidden magic that was banned a long time. It’s powerful but corrosive, which makes the person a demon. He can break down people’s king, and his soldiers are the Death Soldiers, who don’t have any emotion. They say that they miss her. She is formed by the collision of magic waves that emerge when they die. She inherits both of their power. Then, they give her a dark blue sword with a red crystal in the middle. They told her that this sword could withhold all her magic power, and this sword could only be utilized when she fully developed her magic power, or it would just be a worthless piece of iron.
       The fictional world starts to collapse, and she looks at her parents for the last time. She lands on the beach again with the sword in her hand. Her bracelet disappears. Instead, there is a dark scar at the same spot with the shape of a heart. Everything seems so delusional but so natural at the same time. She starts to practice her magic power with the sword every day. The heavy sword seems lighter and lighter. She knows how to control the magic inside the blade and attach to the force on the sword. Little by little, her sword’s red crystal starts to enlarge and cover the whole handle of the sword. She’s gradually growing up, with her bluer hair beginning to reach the floor.
       The peace is broken when a group of people runs out of their house in horror. They face the sea and beg that they can be merciful toward their child and their parents. She runs to her parent's house, where she grew up at. She breaks into the house and is relaxed as she sees them sitting on the chair, counting their fish down.
       The parents are amazed that Bleu is coming back. She has disappeared for several months after she realizes her identity. The parents ask where she went and why she disappeared for so long. She hugged them and forgave the lie about her identity. Even though her memories aren’t pleasant on this island, she still decides to defend the land against the one from the underworld. She won’t let the demon take innocent lives and create ruthless soldiers with it.
       As the soldiers launch toward the island again, Bleu emerges out of the sea with her shining sword. She threshes each demon, and the red crystal becomes larger and larger. As she threshes hundreds of soldiers, the sword shrinks and trembles in her hand. As she is crushing the demons in front of her, the blade breaks into pieces and starts to reform in the air. With a considerable noise, a new sword is formed with the red crystal, leaving all the iron on the ground. The demons, which are emotionless, are dragged back to their consciousness. She immediately grabs the sword, and the power cuts through the soldiers. In a second, rows of soldiers explode with fearful screaming, and others run away.
       The villagers start to gather, and a new era begins with a widespread story. A new era of Bleu.

This is a fiction story that captures some typical elements of the famous fiction stories.