Serene Forest

There was a place on this dangerous, greedy, and hatred filled Earth where peace and love were abundant. This place, where shimmering, crashing waterfalls concealed themselves in the lush green forest, was the place where I learned to love. It was full of passion, from the glistening, smooth pebbles to the whispering sigh in the wind. Romance bloomed in the hearts of those who would breathe in the sweet scents of honeysuckles and the mouthwatering smells of the orange blossoms. Butterflies fluttered from daisies to cherry blossoms mixing even more exotic fragrances into the air. Dragonflies flitted across ponds and streams lightly kissing the surface before flying off at nearly invisible speeds. Wild horses galloped across meadows tinted pink from growing snapdragons. Doves cooed in the early morning as the sun brightened the sky with pastel colors. Robins and Blue Jays kept the day alive while happily singing their songs back and forth.

When lost hearts came upon this magically beautiful land they became entranced in the warm sunbeams shining down through the green foliage casting a mystical light over everything. They came and found themselves cleansing their bodies in the coolness of the water. They washed themselves free of all pain and loneliness and enjoyed its taste of the finest wine trickling down their throats. Reluctantly, they left to tell their loved ones about this mysterious land but to only realize that they could not find it again…except for me.

jonas_chic899 said...
wow, that is beauutiful!!!!!!! verryy descriptive:) i wanna go there.

Secret_Love_Tells replied...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 9:10 am
haha... dont we all?

have_a_heart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
that was really nice. the descriptions and imagery was amazing :)
if you get a chance could you take a look at one of my pieces. my main one is 'Suicide Story'

Chickadee replied...
Thanks! I'll make sure to get to it as soon as I can.

ephemeral_dream said...
Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:06 am
the language is great, and , as a result -t he imagery is really strong. I love the dreamy/relaxing/fantasy feel ...really like this.
x

Chickadee replied...
Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:32 am
Thank you! I have some things still getting approved also. You might like them.

Chickadee said...
in the forums section I posted part of a novel I'm writing. It's only the first chapter and half of the second chapter but I'm working on the rest. Check it out and comment. It's under writing and has my name (Chickadee) next to it.

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really enjoyed the language...it creates a fantasy setting that's just relaxing and forest-like with the mentioning of unicorns and fairies! the first paragraph just created a wonderful image in my head. check out some of my writing...you might enjoy some of it i think. tell me when you post new things too! i'd love to read more of your stuff!