Two Dark Shadows

They are the only ones that haunt me. I am the only one that sees them. Two dark shadows with dark hearts and ferocious attitudes like mine. Two who do not live but are seen. Two harmless souls seated next to my bed. From around the world I can see them, but the world just ignores and discredits them.
Their excuse is secret. They send undistinguished thoughts into my body. They grow along the walls and down deep in my heart and grab my attention between their cold hands and keep me still with violent memories and never quit the sorrow.
Let one forget his reason for being, they both sneak under the crack of the door and disappear. Deep, deep, deep, I crawl into bed when they appear. They terrify.
When I am too sad and too lonely to keep breathing, when I am an old woman against so many challenges, then it is I that will join them. When there is nothing left to live for in this world. Two who warn in despite of my ignorance. Two who warn and do not forget to warn. Two whose only reason is to be loved then missed.