Infinity | Teen Ink

Infinity

October 15, 2021
By Anonymous

Everything is normal...people are calm...no distractions In the town of Beaty. There was a tradition of a town party, and everyone was invited throughout the whole town. The Mayor Johnny Green was in charge of planning it every year. This year he decided to have the party in the town square, and the theme was 90s. The party was only a day away.  The people of the town were extremely excited for the party. Of course, the setup of the party was a lot. Everyone had a role the most involved in it was Mrs. Carma and she always had her two kids Kell and Ciara. Everybody had all of their costumes picked out and everything ready. 

It's now the day of the 90s themed party. Everyone will be there and have the best time, and the Mayor has put so much work into it just so we can enjoy a day all together. We all get to the party everyones enjoying each other's company. Mrs. Carma and her kids were having the best time. They go talk to the Mayor about the party and how everything is flowing, and the Mayor was really proud of himself and how it came out. People are dancing, living life, making memories. As they drink after one another, dance near one another, and make loving contact, they are not aware of the eventual impacts of this party. 

Over the course of the next three weeks, the gathering begins to take its toll on the partygoers. Since the party, the Mayor has contracted an unknown illness never seen by doctors. The scientists spend days and days trying to find a cure, but they can’t. Soon after, Mrs. Carma and her kids became sick with seemingly similar symptoms as the Mayor. Nicholas Myer, the town’s health scientist, begins to speculate a possible new virus, heavily impacting one’s lungs, taste, and smell. As he researched the possibility, he studies the most majorly impactful illness to this day, the flu. After weeks of research and the swift spread of the deadly disease, he recommended that the government place the states in a state of crisis, one in which they have entered a deadly, rapidly spread pandemic.

The government took Myer’s advice into account and put the country into a state of emergency. The people panicked, picking up their kids from school, shopped swiftly in order to enter a state of lockdown, and ran rapidly from the illness spreading worldwide. Scientists scrambled to find a cure, a vaccine, but they couldn’t. Doctors dicated, ordering residents around in the ICU so they could save lives.

Weeks later, Dr. Annalise Montez, leader of the National Vaccine Administration, released viral news that there was a vaccine ready to be administered. People lined up, upping their sleeves, ready to protect themselves from the deadly virus. Eventually, most of the town was safe from the virus. Life was moving on; people were back to their normal routines, taking children to school, attending work, moving on. After four million worldwide deaths, the vaccine had saved the remaining. 

Years later, the elderly who had received the vaccine were thriving, living healthier than they were years back. They didn’t know what was going on… the death rate had decreased majorly; there was a 250% increase in population due to the decline in death. Everyone was confused. The scientists worked incredibly hard to determine the source. Scientists discovered that the vaccine was the problem, and it was keeping everyone alive. Sounds crazy that something you think is helping you causes a whole different problem. 

The town is now overpopulated and people are bringing more people into the town causing even more stress on everyone including the Mayor.  The people of the town don’t know how to act. Everything is changing for them...