They Will Be Back | Teen Ink

They Will Be Back

By ns0294025 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
ns0294025 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

On a Friday morning, before Hannah had to walk to school, she had some breakfast while she watched a bit of the news. Her mom asked her what the weather was going to be like and she said “ I’m not sure there was alerting news about this new thing going around.” She started walking to school as always and met up with her best friend Jenny, they started talking about the news that was shown earlier. However, no one else heard about it. They were all going on with their day like normal Jenny and Hannah walked to class. Their other friends happened to be in their class as well, Max and John. Hannah’s teacher Mr Jones seemed odder than usual , he was as white as a ghost. When lunch started their principal went on the announcements, he said ”The day will be ending early everyone have a good rest of their day.” 

Finally Hannah got home from school her mom called her into the kitchen, she was on the phone with Jenny’s mom. Her mom sounded very worried and normally Jenny's mom doesnt talk to anyone so it was very strange that she was calling. Max and John came to see what was going on. The four normally meet up after school to hang out. Hannah’s mom eagerly said to turn on the tv, they all saw that there were multiple people missing around the same spot that Jenny was when she went missing. Max and John had an idea to go to the spot and see what happens to them. The boys go to the spot and see that there is a ray of light that keeps going off and on, off and on, as the boys get closer max seex that their teacher Mr. Jones is just standing in front of this portal speaking gibberish. John calls out for Mr. Jones but there was no response from him, it's like he was talking to someone in it, however the boys noticed something strange as they were going to leave. There were jagged trails of candy along the floor that led to the portal, John picked a piece up and he pooped it in his mouth then began to feel woozie. Max pulled John as he began to feel like a sack of potatoes; the two of them slowly but surely made it back to Hanna’s house. Max was telling Hanna what he saw when they went to the spot so they began to make a game plan. As time went on, things in the town were getting stranger by the minute. Mr.Jones looked like he began to turn into a goblin. Turns out he is the one in control the more people that get put into the portal the more wicked he gets. Hannah and Max came up with the idea to send John into the portal to see where it leads then they will bring him back and soon start to work on their own portal to bring the people back. Max and Hannah went to school the next day to get some things from their science lab that were going to be needed for the portal. However when they got to the school Mr.Jones was there working on something that caused lots of smoke and flashing lights that were coming out his room. Hannah went to the class across the room, despite that it was one of the creepiest rooms ever. She grabbed the necessities that they needed and she and Max began to work on the project. The two of them were up for hours working testing trial after trial after trial. Finally they got the portal up and running and they were able to see where everyone was going. Max was able to see and get Jenny and as many other people back to the other side before Mr.Jones got back. They closed the portal and Jenny was safe and sound back at home with her mom the four friends were back to their routine, although Mr.Jones was never heard of ever again after they closed the portal.