What Magic Really Looks Like | Teen Ink

What Magic Really Looks Like

March 16, 2021
By heuw11 BRONZE, Hamilton, Montana
heuw11 BRONZE, Hamilton, Montana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

There once was a magical place full of Bananas. It was called Bananaville. Bananaville was a magnificent place full of only the best bananas. You might be wondering, where is this place? Or how is it magical? Well, all of your questions will be answered in our short time together. 

It begins with the “magical appearance”. 6,000 years ago, bananas were created by the Great Banana. The Great Banana is what the bananas refer to as their creator. No one knows his real name or what he looks like. He made the bananas come to life long after he had already left. Bananas weren’t alive until about 35 years ago. To be more exact, bananas came to life on April 16, 2021. From then on, they had to exterminate all living life except for the things that they needed. 

First, they wiped out all humans. No one survived. Up next, was the Monkey’s. Of course, many of the bananas were happy to get revenge on their brothers and sisters who were murdered by the horrific creatures. Those were the two main two and after that the bananas just took care of everything else. (If you know what I mean) It wasn’t until August of 2021 that the planet was only bananas. 

Although the bananas killed all life, they kept plants, trees, etc, for their next big project. Starting a new world. Not just any world…Bananaville. Construction began quickly and the bananas wasted no time. In just a few weeks, the entire world was completely full of banana cities, and the Earth no longer held its name. Instead, it holds the name Bananaville. So, now that you're all caught up, let's get to the magic part. 

To understand the magic in which the bananas hold, you must not think of the human idea of magic. It’s far beyond that. Banana magic is more complex. You have to have mastered it in order to fully accomplish magic. It can take years, or even decades before a banana masters it. However, it wasn’t always like this. 

 

In 2022, bananas started to realize they have the power of magic. Although, like Uncle Ben said, “With great power comes great responsibility.” The first banana to realize this, was Banana Bill. 

Banana Bill was a farmer who lived in the small town of Peely, located in Earth's Montana. He discovered his magic by cursing at his chickens for running out of their pen while he was fetching some corn. (By the way, they left chickens because they’re stupid but make good company) Oh ya, bananas eat corn. Anyways while he was screaming at the chickens, they suddenly disappeared from the barn they were in. Frightened, Bill walked out to the pen and saw each and every one of his chickens. All gathered in the pen. Suddenly, Bill thought to himself, “What if I think about something I want and it just happens?” 

To test out his theory he wished for an ice-cold glass of strawberry lemonade. (It was hot out) He thought really hard about it and on his favorite chicken’s left foot there was a glass of lemonade! Bill was shocked. He had to tell his wife, and even the world. And that’s how bananas received their magic. 

Sadly, Magic became dangerous. People could have whatever they wanted whenever they wanted it. At first, bananas used it to build Bananaville. But eventually, bananas became obsessed with it. One lady banana who was mad about the other bananas killing all the humans, decided to bring them back and almost caused a war. 

Because of this, the newly formed Magic Council outlawed magic to those who could not fully master it. And that is why magic is so hard to do. Ever since then, Bananaville has been 111% safer than Earth ever was. In Bananaville, everyone gets along. Everyone agrees. The life expectancy is even 420 years!  

And so, Bananaville has become a safe world that will live on fore- wait a minute. What are those strange creatures killing all of the bananas?  No. It can’t be! The potatoes!