Snow White | Teen Ink

Snow White

April 30, 2009
By Anonymous

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl with skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood, and hair, black as ebony. Her mother had died giving birth to her and she now had a step-mother. Unlike other step-mothers, this one was unbelievably nice. The girl's name was Snow White and she was kind, and treated like a true princess, for her step-mother would have it no other way.

One day, Snow White and her step-mother were riding in the woods when they came across a large house that was set in the side of a cliff. They left the horses by a trough that was filled with water. Snow White walked to the door and knocked with her small, white fist. She opened the door and called in, no one.

She waved her setp-mother over and crept into the house ...

Stables lined the walls, seven. There was a table, up to her knee caps, a kitchen with no oven, only a fridge, bupboards, and assorted herbs, weeds, and grasses.

Her step-mother was exploring around the wide room when she called Snow White's name. Snow White rushed to a wide arch that led to stairs that were set almost for a horse.

Snow White cautiously walked up the stairs. She entered an open, glass-walled room. A table, like the one downstairs, sat at the far end of the room, seven computers were spread on the table. Board games and card decks were stacked by the stairs. Snow White was about to turn to go up another level when she heard a crash. Her step-mother grabbed her forearm and pulled her down the stairs and into one of the stalls. A pounding of hooves had their hearts racing, did their horses get into the house? As the clatter got louder, they shrank back into the shadows more.

Then, a man's voice rang out over the clatter, but it was unintelligible. A flash of chestnut followed by black flew past the gate of the stall. The front door slammed shut and all was silent for a very long time. After a while, Snow White poked her little, white nose out from the stall. When everything was clear, they came out from hiding and looked around the room in a daze.

Snow White had forgotten to look at the other side of the stall, when she and her step-mother walked out, a sharp pony broke the now eery silence. Snow White turned and screamed.

Five centaurs stared at the two women. The step-mother had not noticed the animals in the room and had rushed outside.
The step-mother scrashed into the house and screamed, "Oh, Snow White! Our steeds have gone missing!" These words had slipped past her lips before she examined the now crowded room. The woman collapsed to the ground, passed out from surprise.

One centaur, a large man with brown skin, a black tail, a dark brown coat, and white, long fur around his hoobes approached Snow White who was shaking in fear.

"We will not hurt you." The creature said. Once he said that, the step-mother was carried upstairs by two other men.

When the step-mother woke up, she heard Snow White's voice. "Are you there, dear?"

"Oh, good, you're awake. Yes, I'm here!"

"Where are we?"

"We are at the seven centaurs' house! I've had such a lovely time!" The step-mother opened her eyes, she and her step-daughter were fat!

The lead centaur approached the two women, "We must go off to fairy market, now."

The horses were back by the trough, Snow White and her step-mother mounted their steeds and rode behind the centaurs.

After a while, the party entered a meadow filled with kiosks and stands, lined in rows. In a flash , the two girls' hands were roped behind their backs.

The centaurs pulled them off the horses and roped the horses, too. The leader walked to a stand and bargained with the creature there. The horses were carried over and handed to the creature.

The next stand, a pretty girl with big, beautiful wings that glittered in the sun. He bargained with her and Snow White and her step-mother were handed over to the girl.

The centaurs rode home with their ultra rare grasses, knowing that Snow White and her step-mother were now dead. And they lived happily ever after.

THE END