The Sleeping Boy and the Sea | Teen Ink

The Sleeping Boy and the Sea

May 16, 2019
By Aurora_Lopez01 BRONZE, San Pedro, California
Aurora_Lopez01 BRONZE, San Pedro, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A young boy was wondering around the beach, he wondered what it will feel like to get lost in the middle of the ocean. He walked on the sand as the waves were coming in and out wetting his small feet. The ocean sounded so peacefully and quiet he was starting to yawn feeling sleepy, so he decided to take a small nap on the cool sand. There was nobody else in the beach  since it was almost 6:00 pm, so he thought it was a perfect evening for him to take a short nap on the beach before it got dark. He put his inflatable boat on the cool sand and the weather was perfect, it was not to cold nor too hot, it was a refreshing cool breeze in the beach.

He took out his phone and set the alarm on for thirty minutes, he laid down oh his towel that he put inside the boat and in a short time his eyes were shutting down. He fell fast asleep on the beach that all you can hear was the sound of the waves and the wind blowing gently.

Then you hear his alarm going off waking up the young boy who was sleeping soundly asleep on the beach. He wakes up and sees that he is no longer on shore but in the ocean floating further and further away from shore. He didn’t know how he got there and how it happened but he didn’t know what to do. His boat did not have paddles to paddle the boat nor was it a motorized boat. Thankfully he had his first aid kit, emergency food, blankets and two spare of outfits that he had put there for any emergencies since he lived near the beach.

He was still shocked that he winded himself up in the sea and he didn't have anybody else with him. He had never imagined that taking a nap on his boat will wind him up in the sea.


The author's comments:

This is about a boy who dreams about being lost in the middle of the ocean. He takes a short nap in the beach and ends up taking a long nap.