Sci-Fi Story | Teen Ink

Sci-Fi Story

April 10, 2019
By AngieSoto BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
AngieSoto BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I was leaving school one morning getting into one of my favorite cars that I own. A matte black car, as I looked down I see tiny people and green trees.Owning a self driving car is one of the coolest things I have.I am able to see how everything looks from up in the sky. Everything looks so small and people look like tiny midgets the size of a grapefruit.

The night before it was raining so this morning smells like fresh rain when I walked outside. The sun was super bright.So bright that my sunglasses were not strong enough to block the sun.I see some cars next to me flying and I see some cars driving regularing down below.

Once I get to work I park my car and charge it up. Work is very different of how it use to be. Work is now in the air and down below. People who don't have a self driving car have to find a way to get up here.My boss is very strict about late people she hates it. For people who don't have self driving cars they have to find someone who has one and carpool with them to work.If they don't know anyone with a self driving car they have to wait at the car station and pay 64 cents to get on one to take them where they have to be up here. In this world 64 cents is 2 dollars.

When it is time for lunch I leave work and go eat at my favorite spot “Hamburger World”. I hop into my self driving car and I make my way over there. When I arrive I order my food I ask for a Hamburger and a small milkshake. After I get my food I listen to the radio and eat and talk to myself. “Oh my goodness the lakers won again”I say to myself. Once I get back to work I park my car and see my boss the robot.


“Welcome back Angie I hope you enjoyed your lunch break”said Ms. Chantel. “Yes I did thank you for asking” I say. As I go to my office I look outside my window and see something strange my car is flying. “That's weird” I think to myself. “Hey Angie is someone breaking into your car its flying and the funny thing is your standing in front of me” said Tyler my coworker.

I went outside and see a guy in a black hat, ripped baby blue jeans, a white shirt that had black stripes and all white vans. “Hey what are you doing to my car”! I shout out to the guy. “Are you the owner of this vehicle”? The guy asked. “Yes I am what are doing”. “Wait a minute you dont look like a human” I say. “ You're absolutely right I am a undercover robot people on my side of town disguise us to be humans to fit in with you people”.


“Oh that’s so cool hey what's your name”? I ask.”My name is Mark also known as Mighty Mark” He says. “Well my name is Angie nice to meet you but what exactly are you doing with my car?” I ask. “Well you see your car is made out of metal and I am also made out of metal think of it as a magnet I get stuck to metal so I got stuck to your car” Mark says.

“Oh I can help with that here take my jacket and put it between you and the car”


As Mark tried to get the car and himself separated I went back to my office to tell my coworkers the funny news.

“Hey Angie whos that loser stuck to you car”? Asked my coworker Frank.

“It's some cool kid named Mark he’s cooler than you Frank”.

“UMMM RUDE”! Screamed Frank.

“Just speaking facts Frank”.I say

“Oh yea well umm unspeak those facts stupid head”Says Frank with such a little girl attitude.


Once Frank and I had that little conversation I decided to go check and see how my new cool friend Mark was doing. “Hey Mark how is it going so far”?

“Its going good I think I ugh Almost….. Ahah finally Im free”Said Mark

“Oh my god thank goodness I was thinking that I would have to fly home with you dangling outside the car ¨I say.

Alright well I think my time here is done I should probably get back home my family is probably worried that I haven't returned home yet” Said Mark.

“ Awww okay friend it was nice meating you “ I say.

As I look and see Mark I stop and think and wonder how life would be if robots didnt exsit. That would be so weird I think 50 percent of my universe is made out of robots.They arent your typical roborts either they clone into humans when needed. So if they feel like they are being attacked they can clone themselves