Man,Reality Bites! | Teen Ink

Man,Reality Bites!

By cryingblackeyes69 BRONZE, Quinlan, Texas
cryingblackeyes69 BRONZE, Quinlan, Texas

The air came out in short puffs of gray smoke as it escaped his mouth. He glanced around him quickly searching for me, but I knew he would fail. I was hidden well among the evergreen trees, and the new moon night added to the effect. I got a perfect view of him, but he could never spot me. He turned towards my general direction but was looking in the wrong location.
"Alright Des, not funny!" He shouted out. I inwardly chuckled and withdrew an arrow from my quiver.
Aiming for a tree behind him, right above his head, I released the arrow that I placed in my bow. A high pitched shriek emitted from him. I almost busted out with dark laughter as he collapsed to the ground, covering his head thinking it would some how help him. I watched as he shook with fright. I could practially taste the fear radiating from his body.
"Des please stop." He pleaded.
"Why? This is much too fun." I hollered back.
"I never should have came out here with you!"
I jumped to another nearby branch, and another. I shot another arrow at him. It pierced the quiet night and stuck in his left shin. A howl of pain from him. One more arrow through his right shoulder.
"Des stop please." At this point the was crying.
"No!" I shouted angrily. "You’ve screwed up my entire life! You’ve been nothing but a burden to me and now," I loaded an arrow once more. I took aim at his throat, his jugular.
"YOU’VE LOST IT!!" he screamed. I stepped into his line of vision, making sure he saw me. A heavy silence between us.
"I’m going to end it." I whispered harshly. He released a blood-curling scream, as my arrow implanted itself in his neck.

"DES WAKE THE HELL UP!!!"
My eyes slammed open and my body jerked to a sitting position. I gazed at my brother who was leaning angst my door frame. I groaned loudly and fell into my bed sheets.
Man reality sucks!