Lost | Teen Ink

Lost

By Mika2468 BRONZE, Rapid City, Michigan
Mika2468 BRONZE, Rapid City, Michigan

On a hot day I was heading to paradise, LA. When suddenly I felt a large jolt that felt like someone kicking me in the back full force. Everything fades to black as my head slams into the steering weel. I awake still in the now very dry car,it’s night, I see in still buckled in, I move to un buckle when I hear a long howl it’s  not to far away so instead I think if it’s a wolf I shouldn’t make any noise, wait do I still have my knife I check my back pocket and feel yes this ought to do so I cut through the seat belt and slowly I open the door that feels like 1000 pounds and I pass out ones more. I wake up laying on my back staring up at the night sky the stars are so bright that it illuminates everything. I attempt to stand but fall over, after a few attempts I finally stand I turn to see why the car stopped I see a row of cacti my car had hit. The world I saw  was just a large sandbox of sand colored sand and the sky a red and orange streak in the abyss of black and blue.

Chapter 2

Earlier that day I was driving in a road and now there was no road. I started to walk the way I came but there were no tire tracks, “Is this even my car?” I whispered to myself. I checked the interior of the vehicle, the passenger seat had nothing, I had my purse there once, and the trunk had no bags, “this isn’t my car” I mumbled. I was so focused on the inside of the car I hadn’t noticed the note on the window until now. I climbed out of the car and reached for the note but I stopped I felt as if I was being watched, I took a glance around and I continued to reach for the note I finally got it I read thank you for joining me for breakfast, as you probably found out this is not your car , I will meet you at the top of the cactus the car hit  at 8:30 if you are late I will kill you with no hesitation. Love- I couldn’t read more but I mumbled the name  “death”. I turn to look at the cactus it was smaller than me, I could see a faint mist in the air around the cactus but it was only around the cactus not anywhere else. What time is it I thought to myself “I don’t know” I said out loud. Instead of checking I sat down next to the car and waited, suddenly I heard a voice

“Your here” it rasped “i was worried you wouldn't make it” it continued “and just on time”  I turned around to see a frail old man in a hood, although he had a hood I could see his face from where I sat it was a flat surface with no nose but it had two big black eyes that stared into your soul, and a thin line for a mouth. The old man smiled a wicked toothy smile which revealed his long sharp teeth.

Chapter 3

I stared up at the new life form “um… hi?” I said. After a long uncomfortable silence, then he said

“i’m sorry about the car, but your car is still on the highway. I dragged you all the way out here and you might want to know this, this is a recent car crash before you run check the back seats,” I stared at this creacher. I got up  slowly and backed up to the car door making sure I didn't turn my back on him my hand fumbled with the door handle I open the door and I feel in the back.  After a minute I feel a small cold object, I dare a quick glance back. What I saw made me nearly throw up, there was a small child probably not even a year old. Dead. I was holding the baby’s hand in mine, I scream and jump back and fall right into the stranger’s arms. I look up at his face he was hiddus he had the same black eyes and his mouth was open to reveal his rows of teeth.

Chapter 4

I wake up in the hospital looking at the face of my mother, “What happened?” I say. She opens her mouth to reveal the same sharp teeth a s the man. I jolt awake once again staring at the face of the man. Using the five years of karate I had I hit I’m in the face, that caused him to drop me in order to grab at his jaw. After a couple seconds he released his jaw to reveal the damage, his jaw had shifted completely to the left and his cheek had torn to reveal even more teeth

“You foolish girl” he slurred. The sound made me recoil as I scrambled to get up. When I fell I landed on a piece of glass. I look at my side to see the piece of glass jutting out of my left side, I was bleeding.  “Good bye” he said as he lifted up a clawed hand.

Chapter 5

A Recent report of a girl was made. She was found dead in the middle of The Natural Desert Park. the girl was found by an old man that had gone for a walk this morning. The man had blood on his hand, “I checked for  pulse and when I saw the blood I called the police right away,” he claims. Cause of death unknown.

The end