I'm The New Cancer (intrduction) | Teen Ink

I'm The New Cancer (intrduction)

February 16, 2009
By Laura Greene BRONZE, Mesa, Arizona
Laura Greene BRONZE, Mesa, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I woke up feeling like crap. New home, new school, new everything! We moved from Florida to Las Vegas, Nevada about 3 days before school started. Even thought I hate Florida, I wish I could go back just to be with my friends. I didn't want to get up, but i forced myself to. I walked over to my closet and changed into my black My Chemical Romance hoodie and skinny jeans. After putting on my Converse I went into the bathroom to put a crap load of eyeliner on.

When I walked into the kitchen my mom was sitting at the table reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. "Raine, are you ready for your first day of 10th grade?" she asked me. Instead of answering I just made a groaning noise and grabbed a redbull from the fridge. "I'll take that as a no?" she asked taking a sip of her coffee. I just nodded, grabbed a poptart, my backpack, and walked out of the house.

While walking to the bus stop I took out my mp3 player and started listening to "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" by MCR. I wish vampires exsisted, that would be amazing! When i reached the bus stop, there was a girl, probably in the same grade as me, standing there staring at me. Has she never seen an emo before? I guess not. She kept staring at me, I knew she was sizing me up. "Are you new?" she asked me. God her vioce was annoying. I acted like as if my mp3 player was to loud and ignored her. Thank God the bus came.

When I got to school I went to the office to get my schedule. "Name please?" the lady at the front desk asked me. Her name was Mrs. Kemp. "Raine Evans" i replied. "Here's your schedule and every new student gets assigned to another student in the same grade to show them around the school and introduce them to new people." Mrs. Kemp said with a big smile on her face. "Ok thanks" I sort of mumbled. She looked at her computer and started typing. "Your going to be assigned to.... hmm lets see all of the 10th grade girls are already assinged to a new student. So, your going to be assigned to Brendon Urie" she said looking up at me with that creepy smile still on her face. "Just have a seat and he will be here soon" she continued. I walked over to a black leather chair and sat down.

After 10 minutes of sitting on a dead cow, a boy with black rimmed glasses, black hoodie, and skinny jeans walked in the office. "I hope that's Brendon cause that dude is really cute!" i thought to myself. "Raine this is Brendon and he's going to show you around school," Mrs. Kemp said to me. I wasnt paying attention to her i just kept staring at Brendon. "Come on I'll show you around" he said putting his arm around my shoulder and walked me out of the office. I tried so hard not to blush. "Can i see your schedule?" he asked then stopped walking. "Sure" I said handing it to him. "Dude no way we have the same classes!" he said with a smile on his face. I knew this was going to be a great year......

The author's comments:
This I wrote on quizilla.com and it's sort of something that I will keep making more chapters to. This is just kind of and introduction. Oh, and this story involves one of my favorite bands of all thime, Panic At The Disco! Just to let you know, I sometimes switch the point of views.