The clocks | Teen Ink

The clocks

By blondielover SILVER, Auburn, California
blondielover SILVER, Auburn, California

"Friends don't lie."

-Eleven from "Stranger Things"

In a desert that only shined light at 4:46 am and was covered with melted clock and working clocks that appear magically. The beam of light that only came only at 4:46 am was very powerful it melted all clocks and if a person was there their memory would be taken. In the dim sky of the desert close to 4:30 there was a woman wandering through the dark. She had no name but had a memory. She had long blond hair that was very messy and wearing a shirt with pants. The last thing she remembered was her family getting kidnapped by the light. She told herself “ I must be getting insane.”It was 4:46 am. She saw the beam of light up in the smoky sky. She saw the clocks randomly appear in all shapes and sizes. It melted them. She fainted because she was still a human but next time she woke up she wouldn’t be a human. Then she woke up in a small room. The size of a shack in her garden .It was bright pink with no furniture expect of a small clock. She screamed and cried. She forgot everything. She thought she was 10 or 50 years old. She thought she was a male or a dog. She thought she could fly or jump on water. The light changed her and destroyed her. She forgot how to cry and noticed the clock on the all of the room and saw it had the time of 6: 46. It seemed to smile at her.She smiled back because she wasn’t human anymore and said “That is when I was born, again,” in a voice that wasn’t her voice but the voice in her head and in her dreams.

This piece is basced on a painting called “The Persistence of Memory” by Salvador Dali