Top Voted Romance Articles

Here are the top voted romance articles:

voted
#1
Her, Him, and the Receptionist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Our daily jog together. At least I like to think of it as our jog. It’s not like we actually run together, but in close proximity in separate universes. It is hard to remember the days when we did not run together. My elliptical jogs right... (more »)
1724 comments
voted
#2
Dirty Laundry This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
He is your world. He is the one you would live and die for. You love the color of his skin – different from yours – the perfect balance between light and dark, day and night. You love the way he tells you he loves you. He says he'll marry you... (more »)
442 comments
voted
#3
Defying Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I didn't want to like him. He was just so charming. This might sound like every other love story, and it may be, but it may not. If you don't read on, you'll never know. My name is Emily Brown, which I've always been quite happy... (more »)
519 comments
voted
#4
I Should Switch to Decaf This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
I want to like coffee for you. I hate coffee. I hate the taste, I hate the smell, I hate the way people get artificially addicted to it, like it's a trend. People joke about needing coffee to function. It's stupid until you see them... (more »)
193 comments
voted
#5
The Big Three This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“What event triggered the Cuban missile crisis?” My study buddy looked from his paper to me with those eyes – the eyes of Dorian Gray. “I guess Princeton Review doesn't see the irony of putting ‘trigger' and ‘missile crisis' in the... (more »)
146 comments
voted
#6
Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Today, I made a boy out of pillows and old clothes to look like you. I told him that I liked his eyes, that they were a spectacular shade of blue. He did not ­compliment me back. I read him my poetry. He did not offer me a ­critique or wild... (more »)
148 comments
voted
#7
The Lies We Tell This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
“I don't like to wear socks to bed. I feel like my toes are suffocating.” “I've been wearing the same flowered shirt every Wednesday for the past three months and no one has said anything about it yet.” “My mom collects miniature... (more »)
95 comments
voted
#8
Blue Rival, Yellow Bunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It’s staring at me again, the foul little temptress. It sits on the desk, cheap, smirking as if to say, “Yeah, your man spends more time with me, and he complains about you all day. What you gonna do about it?” It thinks it’s so much... (more »)
64 comments
voted
#9
Flirting With Fractions This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
One-eighth of me, or maybe a tenth, is acutely aware of the approximately 22 inches that separate your shoulder and mine. One casual shift later, I'm four inches closer. I can always just blame it on your magnetic force pulling me in. One or... (more »)
83 comments
voted
#10
The Collector This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I used to collect things, did you know that? I used to collect your smiles. I would tuck them away and keep them for days when the rain beat down on the world. I used to collect your kisses. Each one was so gentle and tender; I would keep... (more »)
29 comments
voted
#11
Unexpected This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
First kisses are supposed to be perfect. They're supposed to be romantic and sweet. You're supposed to fall in love just after you kiss and feel fireworks all over your body. You're supposed to be under the stars at your front door after... (more »)
67 comments
voted
#12
First Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I could have said anything. Anything but this. Yet it was like my lips acted of their own accord – you know, the way the girl always dreams that the guy's lips will. As if they would just kiss you the way you tacitly pray that they would. It... (more »)
44 comments
voted
#13
Used To This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“It feels wrong, being back here,” Jeremy remarks, his tone casual, as though we are strangers on a subway car, discussing the weather. “You know, after everything.” I nod, even though I know he's not looking, letting the breeze carry... (more »)
31 comments
voted
#14
Transcendentalism This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
As I press my eyes together to keep the sunlight at bay, I can feel the forest all around, the firm ground pressing against the contours of my back, the pliable dirt beneath my fingers. I ­listen to the trees breathe and marvel as the very... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#15
A House Divided This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“He said he didn't have time today.” “What do you mean?” “He was busy ….” The knot hardened in her stomach. Of course. Georgiana twisted the silver band around her finger and nodded her acceptance. “Thank you,... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#16
Cinematic Eyes and Gasoline Lies This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Four gallons of gasoline – that's what you owe me. And I think it's only fair that I tell you so that some time before you die you can settle your debt. My mom used to say that, you know? Of course you know. You met her right before the... (more »)
10 comments