Why love? | Teen Ink

Why love?

March 15, 2018
By Krystal_Ortiz BRONZE, Salisbury, North Carolina
Krystal_Ortiz BRONZE, Salisbury, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Present day:
We are live on channel 68 and currently at the scene of the murder. Today, there was a 17-year-olds body found. As of right now it is detected to be a male but no identity has been discovered yet. This case is under investigation and will continue to be until one is held responsible for this.

 

Flashback to August 24, 2015:
My first say of high school didn’t go so bad, besides the fact that I knew no one and was alone all day. I saw an angel today or should I say a goddess. The most perfect human being was right before my eyes. I tried not to stare but it was inevitable. I’m hoping she didn’t notice or else that would be weird. I’m the new kid and I have a fresh start, meeting her would be a good start.

 

Couple days later…...:
I’ve finally made some new friends or at least I hope they consider me a friend. These people are the popular ones, the ones who get all the girls. I figured this could be the way to get closer to that girl I saw on the first day.  Oh, I actually figured out her name, it’s Katherine. It’s the most beautiful name I’ve ever heard. I’m playing but I’m just falling for her. I need to talk to these people and see when it’ll be the lucky day when I’ll actually meet her.

 

A week later:
Guess what! My friends hang out with her and I was finally introduced to her. She is the most perfect human being that I have ever met. She is nice, chill and smart. I don’t think I would deserve her because she is just too perfect. I hope I made a good impression. If I didn’t then I’m doomed.

 

Present day (2 days after body being found):
Channel 68 coming out you live with updates on the case of the 17-year old’s murder. The identity of the body has been found but due to the family’s personal reasons, it has been made clear not to expose the name quite yet. In a couple of days, the name will be announced. The body was found near a body of water but has no indications that it had been swimming or had drowned. It appears this murder had been done on purpose and was planned out perfectly. The body had wounds that appear to be knife stabs and that’s all we have for you today. Stay tuned for upcoming information.

 

A month later:
Oh, it’s been a while. Lots of things have happened during these past couples of weeks. What are the odds. I became like best friends with this girl, I knew we had a connection. Now me and her are tight. Believe it or not we are actually “talking”. Soon I’m planning on asking her out, hoping she says yes. If she doesn’t, I’ll be disappointed.

 

Three months later:
WERE ACTUALLY DATING NOW! Over the past couple months, we’ve been best friends and talking non-stop. Now the day has come where I finally asked her out and she said yes. Afterschool we had plans to go to the movies and get some ice cream and that’s when I took the chance. She said “I thought the day would never come”. I guess she thought I only saw her as a friend but only if she knew.

 

Present Day (5 days after body being found):
Welcome back to channel 68, here to give you some more updates. The name of the 17-year-old male is James Williams. He was identified as the body present near the body of water. Police are still investigating and looking for suspects, one of which could be his girlfriend. Apparently, she is now reported missing and they are taking her into consideration as a possible suspect. Stay tuned for more information.

 

One year later:
Today marks me and my girlfriends one year anniversary. I’m happy but not too much. I’m not as in love as I was, things have changed. She isn’t the same. She is now bossy, delicate, depressed, a drama queen and super over dramatic. I guess you could say I’m still with her because she can’t handle the idea of being without me. I know it seems like she’s threatening me but I’m not looking at it that way. I see it as if she loves me too much she wouldn’t survive without me.

 

One year and three months later:
I can’t be with her anymore, she’s a psychopath. She’s crazy. She gets so frustrated with me easily and I just don’t know if I can deal with this anymore. I think I’m going to break up with her soon.

 

One year and eleven months later:
I’m still with her but it’s because I feel bad for her. I don’t love her anymore but I still do care. I’m meeting up with her later today and I’m finally breaking up with her. Guess what, I’m the happiest man alive. I broke up with her and surprisingly she took it well.

 

Two years later:
Today would be our two-year anniversary and I’ll admit I’m kind of sad. I loved her but she made sure to make it disappear. Sometimes I still wonder how she is doing. Her reaction when I broke up with her was surprising, she was calm. Oh wow, I just got a text and it’s from her, she is wondering if we could take a walk to the mountains near here and talk about things. I accepted and so I’ll meet her later. Till next time.

 

Present day (9 days after body being found):
Channel 68 coming back with updates for you today. His girlfriend has been found and her name is Katherine. When found, she confessed. She killed James, she used the excuse of “I loved him”. Turns out she had some mental issues but never really got help. Due to her frustration, she murdered an innocent human being that was guilty of only loving her. Rest in peace James.


The author's comments:

The movies about love and ones significant other sturggling with a mental illness inspired this article.