Hook through the Heart | Teen Ink

Hook through the Heart

February 18, 2018
By KatelynBlackWrites SILVER, Monroe, Wisconsin
KatelynBlackWrites SILVER, Monroe, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hi, do you remember me? I'm the girl "you had a thing with" sophomore year, the girl who put her heart on the line and told you how she felt, just to have you drop everything we ever had and never speak to me again. Oh okay, you do remember. I'm so glad you've forgotten, because I haven't, and it's not like I haven't tried. I've wanted so badly to forget what we almost were because that's what keeps me on the hook. I swear to God that if you hadn't sat down next to me on that cold, January day sophomore year, just over two years ago, I wouldn't be here. If our legs hadn't touched, if you hadn't made me laugh and giggle, and if I hadn't developed those feelings for you because of those stupid, tiny, yet significant things...I wouldn't be here right now. I would be able to go go one night without thinking of you, all the while knowing you're not thinking of me. I wouldn't have to pretend not to see you in the halls, when, in reality, I'm paying more attention to you than where I'm walking. It's ridiculous and unfair, and I know it's pointless to want you this much, but it's hard to dislodge a hook when it's straight through the heart.