Why are you staring at me? | Teen Ink

Why are you staring at me?

By sydneyclark BRONZE, Swampscott, Massachusetts
sydneyclark BRONZE, Swampscott, Massachusetts

Why are you staring at me? She asked. I thought to myself, I can’t make myself look away. The glow of the moonlight illuminated her face making her eyes shimmer. The sound of the small waves crashing along the shore, with the faint music playing in the background created the perfect scene for what I was planning. She looked perfect with her long,wavy, brown hair with flowers placed on each strand.. Her white dress flowed with the wind laying perfectly on her body. And i knew in this moment, this is the women I want to spend the rest of my life with. I took her by the hand as we both stood up from the soft white sand. I stared into her Fluorescent blue eyes as she stared back. I reached into my pocket and took out a small brown box as I got down on one knee. “From the second I saw you I knew. I knew you were the one I want to grow old with. Make a family with, and be happy with together forever. So, Chanel, Rose, Frank, will you make me the happiest man in the world and become my wife. Tears rolled down her face and she shouted yes! Of course I will marry you,. She said as he grabbed her by the waist and Spun her around in the hair. Her beautiful long hair flowed in the wing and he was in disbelief. Staring at her, he couldn’t understand how lucky he was that a smart, beautiful and kind women and she, would marry a man like him. As the night grows on the only thing the two can think about are the memories that they are about to encounter.

this piece is about a man proposing to his girlfriend in the perfect setting