I Shudder, I Cry, I Wish You Weren't Here Right Now. | Teen Ink

I Shudder, I Cry, I Wish You Weren't Here Right Now.

By EmilyPaige PLATINUM, Morris Plains, New Jersey
EmilyPaige PLATINUM, Morris Plains, New Jersey

I step out into the blinding dark. I wipe my eyes with my sleve. I hear someone behind me calling my name "Jou! JOU!"

I shudder. Stepping out into the street, I just continue walking. I want to go to the park. Still, someone behind me is calling my name "JOU!"

The vioce sounds urgent, as if I shouldn't be walking away, but I ignore it anyway.

Crossing the road, I enter the vast park. The dark is still wrapping around me, and the voice is still calling to me from behind, "Jou! Come back! PLEASE!"

I almost stop. The person the voice belongs to never says "please". Ever. It meant that they were worried. VERY worried.

I start to run. Even though I can't see, I know where I'm going; I've been to the park more than enough to know where I'm going.

I know I'm standing near a bench. I curl up in it, pulling my knees closer to my chest. I shudder again, letting loose tears that I had previously denied were there.

I hear the voice, body and all, come up next to me. The tears still pour down my face. 'Go AWAY!', I think. I am too out of breath to yell. 'Please, GO AWAY. HAVEN'T YOU HURT ME ENOUGH DAMN IT!?'

You start to speak, "Jou. I'm sorry. I didn't mean... I mean... We agreed that it would be best... and, well, SHE kissed ME..."

I cut in, suddenly gaining my breath, "But YOU didn't STOP! YOU seemed to enjoy it!" I jump up and spin around to face him, "Why!? I know, we agreed it would be best for your PR, but to KISS her!?"

He steps back, sounding defeated, "Jou... I mean... What would the press THINK? Your from the hood... You were in a gang when you were TEN... What would the press THINK...?"

I stomp, "I KNOW. You're a big CEO of some huge company. You have to date some big star, NOT some washed out tough girl who was in a gang... BUT KISS HER!?!?"

He scoops me up in his arms and whispers into my hair, "I know Jou, I know. I didn't plan for her to kiss me, and I sure as hell didn't kiss her back. You can count that I will stay faithfull."

I look up at him, "But you will still be ashamed of me. You'll still date that... that... HO-"

He cuts in, "Her name is Natalie."

I shake this off, "I KNOW her name. I 'll just stay your dirty little secret. The hidden stain on the only twenty-year-old CEO's jacket, right? That's what it's going to be like."

You pull me in even closer, "No, Jou. Tommorow, I am going to make our relationship public," He gives me a chaste kiss, "I promise."

He pulls me in for another kiss and I kiss him back. 'You know what?' I think 'I'm glad you're here.'

on Sep. 10 2011 at 6:40 am
AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other
It's good but I think you should work on the explanation a little.

on Feb. 2 2011 at 7:44 pm
peacewriter BRONZE, Doylestown, Pennsylvania

never say you are happy when you are sad.never say you are fine when your not okay.never say you feel good when you feel bad.and never say you are alone when I'm still alive.

i love ur story

on Apr. 7 2009 at 8:26 pm
Stephenmcreynolds BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
That was really good.

Can you please read my work to give me feedback?

TeenInk.com/raw/Fiction/article/96942/Our-Army/