Sorry

I sit there with tears falling from my eyes, and words burning in my throat. It hurts not to be able to say them, but I think the silence that would follow them would be worse. The words are desperate to escape but I won’t let them. I can’t. My secret will follow me forever, never knowing freedom. It wants so desperately to be let out but I’m so scared. And so I stay silent, and my secret is safe.
It hurts so much, it kills me a little more each day, that I can’t tell you how much I love you, how much I care. I do. I need you in my life, if you leave I won’t have anything to live for. I wouldn’t live without you, I would exist. I just want you to be happy, whether it’s with me or someone else, your happiness is what matters most. I just want you to feel wanted, because I promise you, you are. I never want you to feel lonely or scared. I never want you to be hurt. I want you to love me the way I love you. I want to spend forever with you, every single moment of forever. But I know you don’t want that. You don’t love me. You never will. So every day I settle for your happiness over mine. All because I love you. I would die to save you, I’d do anything for you. Just remember, if you ever need a friend, I’m here. I’ll always be here.
So that’s my secret. I’ll never tell anyone, least of all you. Because I’m scared of the silence that would follow. I’m sorry for loving you.

ayeshamuzaffar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 10, 2011 at 6:44 am
Short and to the point. Very well written.

MsRocker said...
omgosh this was very good. isnt it painful when the person you love dosent love you back? ugh its complete torture. i hope your story gets more attention because it was great!