The Accident | Teen Ink

The Accident

June 19, 2017
By luffyspiratequeen SILVER, Harrisonville, Pennsylvania
luffyspiratequeen SILVER, Harrisonville, Pennsylvania
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt


"Ava, wake up!!!!! You're gonna be late for school."

 

"Okay, Mom!! I'm up!!!!"

 

I got out of bed and put on the clothes that I picked out last night. A pair of dark blue jeans with a light orange, almost peach, shirt. I slipped on my pink and black shoes and went to the bathroom. I brushed my long brown hair and put into a high ponytail. Looking at myself in the mirror, I smiled. I was a little chubby and my white skin was kind of pale, but I was happy with my body. Once I was ready, I walked out into the living room where my mom was.

 

"Mom? Do you have work today?"

 

"Yeah, I work 1pm-9pm today."

 

"Okay. Well, I gotta leave. Drive safe and be careful. I love you!!!!"

 

"Love you too, Ava. Have a good day at school!"

 

I gave her a long hug before running out the door to get on the bus. I got to school and went through my usual morning classes, went to lunch, and headed to my 6th period study hall.

 

During 6th period, I usually hang out with Ethan and Sophia in the band room. Sophia was just a friend. Someone I only talk to when I see them. But, Ethan, to him I was just a friend. To me, he was more. Spending time with him day after day during study hall and because of who he his (smart, funny, caring) I developed a little crush on him.  I met him in 6th grade. Both he and I played the clarinet in band and we were also in chorus together. He helped me practice and eventually we became friends. Now, I'm in 9th grade and he's in 10th.

 

When it happened, it was just Ethan and I, Sophia was absent. We were just talking, like any other day. I was also on my phone, playing games, like usual. Nothing was different, everything was normal. Until I got a text from my sister, Sarah. I read it. I couldn't believe it, but I had to. Sarah and I were really close, sometimes I would spend the weekend with her at her house. There was no way she would lie about something like that.

 

Ethan looked at my face and asked if I was okay. I started crying, what I had just read sinking in, I couldn't breathe. Time seemed to stop. I was so deep in grief that I barley seemed to notice Ethan and say my name softly. "Ava... What's wrong?" I replied by crying harder, tears running down my face, large sobs coming out of my mouth. I started shaking and dropped my phone. Ethan picked it up and read it out loud. "Ava, our mom has just been in a car accident. She is in fatal condition." Ethan put his arm around my shoulders trying to comfort me.

 

"I'm so sorry, Ava. I know how close you are to your mother." That just made it worse. I stood up and ran out the door. I didn't know where I was going. I just knew I couldn't be here anymore. I heard Ethan running after me and then yell my name. I kept going. He ran faster, realizing I wasn't going to stop, and caught up to me. He put his hand on my shoulder and I stopped. He turned me around and hugged me. I buried my face in his neck and cried. We stayed like that for a minute or two and he said, "Everything's gonna be fine."

 

Now calmed down a little, I sniffled saying, "You don't know that. Ethan, she's dying. How can everything be alright? I can't live without her. I tell her everything and she always listens. She's always there for me and knows exactly what to say to me, no matter what's happening. She cheers me on and supports all of my decisions. Shes's such a kind person, always looking out for others, trying to do her best in this corrupt world. I can't lose her, Ethan, I can't!!!"

 

Ethan sighed, "She's going to be fine, trust me." Then the bell rang and I went to get my stuff and head for history class. Ethan grabbed his stuff and followed me up the hallway. Once he caught up with me, he noticed I was still sniffling and he grabbed my hand.

 

The rest of the day was hazy. I didn't pay attention at all. I could only think about my mom. My sister picked me up after school and took me to the hospital. Sarah was trying to keep herself together, for my sake. She's close with her to, but not as close as me, so I know that she can't be taking this well either. My mom did not look good. She was covered in scratches, bruises, and bandages soaked in blood. I lost it again. My whole world felt like it was crashing around me.  I couldn't bare to see her in such a bad condition. She wasn't even awake. I ran out into the parking lot and sat on a bench. A couple of minutes later someone sat next to me. I assumed that it was my sister, so I wrapped my arms around her. It was a guy. He wrapped his arms around me and I tried to pull away, but he tightened his grip around me. He said, "It's okay. She'll be fine." It was Ethan. I tightened my arms around him and hid myself from the world.

 

"Ava, wake up. Ava, you fell asleep." I woke up and I was still in Ethan's arms. We were still outside. It was dark and cold. I shivered and Ethan noticed. He gave me his jacket and I put it on. It was already warm and it smelled just like him. Then, I remembered. My mom. I scooted away from Ethan and looked at the ground. Ethan scooted closer to me. He grabbed my chin and turned my head to look at him. He said, "Ava, she woke up. She's doing better. They think she'll live." All I could do was smile. I was overwhelmed with relief and happiness. There are no words to describe what I was feeling

 

I hugged Ethan and whispered in his ear. "Thank you." I pulled away and Ethan kissed me.

 

His lips were soft and warm. He was so slow and gentle. I could feel the passion radiating between us. I got this warm, fuzzy feeling in my stomach, my heart was beating rapidly and it felt like I was in heaven. I've never felt like this before. What is this? Is this, love?

 

After what felt like a blissful eternity, the kiss ended. Then, he bent down so that his mouth was right next to my ear and whispered. "You're welcome."

 

I shivered and griped onto his arm. At that moment, I felt like my legs were going to give out and I would fall. I never thought that Ethan could make me feel this way. His voice was so husky and, dare I say, sexy. I like this side of Ethan.

 

My mom went on to completely heal, not even a scar remained, but it did make our family closer. It also made Ethan and I closer, so close, in fact, that we went to see a movie after my mom had gotten better. I had so much fun and when we got back to my house, we stood on the porch, enjoying each other's company for just a little longer. Then, he turned to me. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

 

I looked down and smiled. Then, I looked back up at him, straight in his eyes and said, "Of course."


The author's comments:

I really hope tht you enjoy this. It was inspired by my dreams. Terrible to dream about your mom being in a crash right?