One and Only | Teen Ink

One and Only

By CoOkIeMuNsTeR SILVER, Oakley, California
CoOkIeMuNsTeR SILVER, Oakley, California

There she is, smiling as always, making people awe over her natural talents of grace and making people around her happy no matter what horrible situation they are in. Yet she doesn't know just how much I love her. Am I that unpredictable or is she just blind?
How I long to hold her, to kiss her and tell her everything will be alright. For although she is smiling within, she is a broken mirror full of confusion and desperation to shout out; to be heard. I see her look in my direction and smile, her eyes filled with total adoration. Does she love me as much as I love her? I smile back and gently reach over and grab her hand, pulling her towards me. She quickly gives me a questionable look then relaxes. She wraps her arms around me and rests her head on my shoulder. It feels so good, having her arms wrapped around me the way they are.She soon releases her hold on me and looks me in the eyes. I lose the air that was once in my lunges once I looked into her eyes. If only she knew the affect she had on me. Her eyes, so beautiful as the light from the sun dances within them. I quickly hide the affect of her stare and calmly look at her face, tracing every outline. Her heart-shaped face, her full lips, her adorable dimples, and her cute button nose. If only she knew how beautiful she is through my eyes. If only she knew how much I miss her when she isn't beside me. Before I can stop myself I say it, those three simple yet powerful words; I Love You. Her face goes blank from surprise. I scan it for any hint of what she could possibly be thinking. Does she hate me for saying those words? What will she say? Slowly a smile forms upon her face and I suddenley feel her lips against mine. How sweet she tastes, I can feel my heart exploding from a dream forming into reality. She pulls back and starts giggling and then the unexpected happens. She hugs me and whispers softly in my ear, catching off guard by her words "I have been waiting so long for you to say those words to me." I guess dreams really do come true.

JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina

\"Love is strange, powerful, and sneaky. You won\'t know it until you find it...and when you have it, never let it go!\" ~JordanNicole

I absolutely love this piece! The guy reminds me of my best friend...If it's not too much trouble, can you check out some of my work and give some feedback?