Yours Truly | Teen Ink

Yours Truly

February 3, 2017
By Anonymous

You fall in love. It's amazing to begin with, but by the end, it makes you so hateful towards the thought of it. Seeing others getting to be so happy while you get to just sit there in pain. Imagine being in love with the person you thought you'd be with forever only to have your heart torn right out of your chest. That's what happened to me. In the summer of 2016, I fell in love. It was amazing. I was so happy. Best summer ever. Until that summer began to pass by quickly and calls/texts weren't being returned. I guess I didn't really think much of it until I was looking through social media one day only to find that he was with somebody else. I begged and begged for months to be official. To finally be able to call him "mine".. but I guess it's just not what he wanted. Not with me anyway. I always questioned what had happened. I even blamed myself for a while, wondering if it's because I wasn't willing to go all the way right away. To this day, the pain is still unbearable and he still manages to cross my mind and make his way into my dreams even. I just hope that someday, it'll pass. That these thoughts won't ponder any longer and I can finally clear my head and be happy again like I was before, only with someone who will want it and cherish it. You can truly get through anything in this life, doesn't matter what it is. The hard times are only temporary and everyday is a little easier.