The Tears of True Love | Teen Ink

The Tears of True Love

January 10, 2017
By XxdeanmarionXx BRONZE, Dracut, Massachusetts
XxdeanmarionXx BRONZE, Dracut, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 
   My name is Bob. I am lean and I am strong and I am flexible. My hairstyle is emo, the color of my hair is black, looks like black smoke coming from the chimney. My skin is white as a ghost. I am covered with tattoos and piercings all over my body. I am 21 years old. I am 5’10  and my weight is 160 LB. I’m done with college. I used to drink, but not anymore. I am in a band with some of my friends. Their names are Ben, Ian, and Wen. I met them at college, I went to UMass Amherst to major in heavy metal and minor in rap. We all graduated together. Good times, I miss those days, now I create my own band. My band's name is “Rising from the Dead. ” I am the lead singer; Ben is playing  bass, Ian is playing electric guitar, and Wen is playing drums. The type of music we love to play is heavy metal and rap combined. I have a small problem that my mic is dead.     
I say to my band,  “Bro- my mic is so dead sorry- Bro!”
Wen has an idea, he says, “Slow down-bro I got you. Come home with me tonight.¨
I say, “Bro- let's do it-Bro.” 
The band is still playing without my mic. The band is done. Now, Wen takes me to his house for a replacement mic. Wen gives me a new mic to use.       
I say to Wen, “Thank you for my new mic- Bro. I will see you tomorrow, Wen.”   I come home and go to sleep by 8:30PM. Now, the real problem starts today when I wake up. My grandfather has a major heart attack. I need to talk to my band about this. I go to my band.
Now I have a big, very big problem.
I say to my band,“Bro- I have a family issue-Bro.”
The band says to me, “Bro- sorry for your loss.¨
I say,“Thank you-Bro for that.¨
I am crying as my band is saying “Sorry for your loss.”
I go to the hospital to see my grandfather. My mother is at the hospital too, visiting my grandfather.     
My mother’s name is Pam. “Thank you for coming,” says my mother. “I know you were practicing with your band. I know this means a lot to your grandfather that you are here.” Pam is crying, crying like a baby for her father. The nurse brings us in to say our “Good-byes.”   
I say to my grandfather ,“I love you so much.” 
The nurse says to Pam,“I am so sorry for your loss. His heart has no pulse, he is going to die right now.”
        My mom is still crying and I am consoling her as best I can. Until this day, I never saw my mom so
upset. She has always been the strong one and I have happy memories of her playing with me as a tyke.     I say to my mom,“I am going to my band now.”
My mom says,¨Go ahead, honey you have done all you can here. I love you. Be a good boy for me, please.”  
The next day I went back to my band. My Bros are waiting for me.
I say to my band, “Let’s do a song for my grandfather, make sure to make it nice for my mother.”
The day after my grandfather died, my mother had a stroke. My mother died on a Sunday at 3:00PM during the Divine Mercy Hour. My mother died before the ambulance came to her home. 
With my mother dying I am going to look for a new home. Luckily, I was able to find a new house within the month. I  bought that house to live in and now I live closer to my band. I still love my mother even though she died. I have written a song with my band about my mother.  The song title is ¨Lay Down your Life.” This song is for my mother. The words of this song go like this: ¨When I meet you I will see you up there, I know that you love me. When I meet you I will see you from my heart. I want to see you up there, I know that you are up there. You earned a spot up there.¨  After the rehearsal I go home and go to bed.
The next day. I go to the store to buy a particular piece of band equipment which is called a reverb echo. This is used to capture the room shape and size and it will help us to express our emotions with the music. Once I'm done shopping I return back to my band.
I say to my band,“Good morning-Bros. Are you ready to make music today-Bros?”
My band says,“LET'S DO IT!”
I lead the band. I am thinking and the band is thinking about a new song to play. Ian has a great idea for a new song to play. The song title is “Spying on you.”
I say,“I like that song.”
“I think it is a go, guys,” says Ian.
The band says,“That’s good.”
The band plays that song. I sing the words, ¨We are spying on you, we can’t stop it. We love spying on you. Someone will be spying on you on Wednesday. No one will take our rights for spying. We will be spying on you.” The band repeats that line.
I say to my band, “That is an awesome song, but I am leaving now.”     The band says,“Bye-Bro.”        
I go to my home to get my chores done around the house. I do my work and when I'm done I go to bed at 7:30PM.  The next day I go to the park, I am just walking around when I see a girl. I introduce myself to her and she tells me her name is Destiny. Destiny looks to be around 5’7 and her hairstyle is dreadlocks. Her hair color is black as tar dripping from the gutter and she looks GOOD! I ask her age and she tells me her age is 22. Her skin is black as ebony. I ask her out for a very romantic date. We decide to go out to eat that evening. The place we choose is called, ¨Via de lamo.¨ It is an Italian Restaurant that has candles and a white lace tablecloth.The atmosphere looks like an old Italian style restaurant similar to something you would find in the Renaissance Era. We smell our food from 10 miles away. We are so hungry we are waiting like the lion to capture a prey that is coming to us into our mouth. I have steak tips with double mash potato and Destiny has the same thing. We talk as we eat about the news and what is happening in the world. 
*****************************************************************                                   
After a few months of dating. I decide to go to a jewelry store to buy a ring for Destiny. I kneel down on one knee and ask Destiny to marry me. Destiny says, “I do, I do!, Thank you so much!” She is crying, happy tears coming down from her face. The tears from her face are forming into a heart. I am so happy to marry a girl that I love. Destiny says to me, “I love you, honey.  I am glad for her to marry me.                                     
We start looking to buy a new house to live in. We think we would like to live in Queens, New York which is closer to my band. Now my band is my neighbor. I tell my wife that I will have to work  Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 12:00PM.
My wife says, “That will work fine for me.”         I go to bed. The time when I go to bed is at 9:00PM. I wake up to the smell of my wife making me breakfast. I have a four egg omelette with bacon on the side and coffee with two sugars and heavy cream. I walk over to where my band is rehearsing.
I say to my band, “Let’s practice with drum, bass and electric guitar only.” Ian is tuning his electric guitar, Ben is tuning his bass, Wen is checking the beat with his drum. I practice my vocals to be able to scream and screech.


The author's comments:

My Life as a writer  
      
                     My life as a writer, I already made a book is called “The upside of downs” and I am on FOX 25 news with Maria Stephanos which she is now on channel five news. My name is Dean.

I love to write, I had different genre like romance, horror, sci-fi, etc. Sometime I mix them up to made a epic story. What Do you think of what kind of story that I can write? ( Look above for genre to pick from or mix them together.) I have downs, in my classes there are a lot of topic to learn about, It is very, very hard based on my disability but my mom want me “try my best.” My adie from my school  modified my work for me. In the craft of fiction class. I can write my about file in my brain. Example: right now my file letter is E. I pick that one which one E1 or E2. I pick E2 my life in there is my geek side I can write about that. If you pick my file which letter do you pick? I will tell you my letter to you (1-100) and letter too (A-Z.) Do not pick my personal stuff in there,please. My personal file is Z 100. If I take high level writer, I can determined of different kind of writer that I pick from to from the 1900 until to today. If I write about my geek side now I can tell you that I watch youtube video about skateboarding, that me. My famous quote is “you can tie your shoe, but you can write about everything.” are we thinking the same thing, I guess so. I love to write, it so fun if you think deep about it. Every writer think about one thing about unicorn flying. I think about the way of the writer to write about two or three way of writing. One is deep thinking, two is to drink water, how much water is in a glass in there. Okay, If you think about one ball or two ball, what do you pick and why? If you walk into the glass, the glass is broken, but you can walk into the story and explore the climax. If you follow me that way. Why I did ask that question to you, because you are thinking too much about the glass, I think about the climax to explore and gather information to make a story. Why am I asking that to you? I will talk about this: one, is simple why to think and two, gather all the information to make a epic story about your or my life too.

Sincerely,

Dean