Cheers | Teen Ink

Cheers

December 5, 2016
By poemoheart866 PLATINUM, Goose Creek, South Carolina
poemoheart866 PLATINUM, Goose Creek, South Carolina
29 articles 1 photo 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."
-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter.


My heart thuds as a woman enters the room in a long, dark blue dress. She was set off to impress many of the men in here. I look around and notice many of the men are already gawking at her presence. Her curvy figure presses up against the fabric of the dress, and her long, curvy blonde hair fell down past her shoulders- stopping at her plump breasts. She is wearing 3-inch heels that matches her dress and is holding onto a matching handbag.
         A lily white flower rests on her ear and a pearl necklace is laid out nicely on her chest. On her hands are fitted white gloves that stop at her wrist. She walks over to the bar and orders a drink. I slowly walk across the room and over to her. I sit on the stool next her and smile.
         ¨Hello beautiful! I’m Eric,” I say.
         She smiles at me, a fresh blush is on her cheeks, ¨Hi! I’m Jenny.¨
         ¨We both have such simple names,¨ I announce, ¨is that short for something?¨
         She shakes her head, ¨No.¨
         ¨Yeah. Mine isn’t short for anything either.¨
         She giggles and takes a sip of her beer.
         ¨Beer? I didn’t think you were the type to drink such a lower class drink.¨
         She frowns, ¨It’s not just any beer, ya know?¨
         I quirk an eyebrow.
         ¨This is a special beer, brewed by monks over in Italy.¨
         I laugh, ¨Ah. Catholic, are you?¨
         She shakes her head and smiles, ¨I suppose. My mother was a nun.¨
         ¨Was she? Nuns aren’t allowed to have intercourse, are they?¨
         ¨She left the convent.¨
         I shook my head and waved the skimpy bartender over. He swayed over to us- it was quite obvious that he had a few drinks himself.
         “Can I help you?” He asks, his words slightly slurred.
         I nod, “I’d like a beer- the same one as this gorgeous woman.”
         He laughed and nodded, “Ah! Alright.”
         She took another gulp. The bartender brought over the drink and some beer nuts.
         “Thanks.”
         He walked away and into the back room of the bar. I took a sip and let the sensation of alcohol drip down my throat and through my digestive system.
         She laughs. The drink in her hand spills onto her dress and her face turns red.
         “Oops!” She says, flustered.
         I look around the bar, and spot some napkins on the far left corner. I walk over to them and grab a few.
         “Here ya go,” I hand her the napkins.
         She wipes down the front of her dress, then her lap, moving in clockwise scrubs. I take another gulp, finishing the drink off. She finishes cleaning herself up and places the soaked napkins on the bar beside her.
         “Would you like to dance?” I ask, feeling bold.
         She smiles, “I would like that, but I must warn you! I’m very clumsy.”
         “That makes both of us.”
         I grab her feminine, gloved hand and drag her onto the dance floor.
         “So, you know my parents?” I ask.
         She nods, “Yes, I worked for them over the summer.”
         “Oh? How come I never saw you?”
         I twirl her around and she rams into my body. We laugh and get into the waltz position.
         “I was just the pool girl.”
         I place my hand on her lower waist and lead us into the waltz, moving along with the smooth music. She looks into my eyes.
         “Nothing wrong with that,” I say, staring back into her sapphire orbs.
         I accidently step on her toe and apologize quickly, telling her what I clutz I am.
         “It’s alright, happens all the time,” she smiles.
         We waltz around the room, spinning lightly to the music. Her hair lies nicely on her shoulders as we move around the large ballroom. She laughs, loudly, as I tell her some corny jokes.
         “Did you hear about that guy who lost his whole left side?” I asked, keeping a straight face.
         “What? No! That’s awful!”
         “Eh, he’s alright now,” I say calmly, cracking a small smile.
         She tilts her head to the side, a confused look on her face.
         “What?”
         “I said, he’s alright now…” I explain.
         Then she bends over laughing, her face heated up with embarrassment.
         “You’re terrible!” She chuckles.
         I grin, “I try.”
~.~
         Half an hour later, we are back at the bar, empty beer glasses by our sides.
“Would you like to see the balcony?” I ask.
         She nodded, “Sure.”
         We walk across the floor out of the room, and out onto the balcony. The balcony was empty, besides the two of us and some folding chairs. The balcony was one of my favourite places, because it got me away from all of the parties. I have always been insisted to attend them, and I couldn’t refuse my father’s requests.
         The balcony has a metal railing around the edges and had plants on both ends. It overlooks the bright city. I could hear the honking of cars and blaring sirens of the emergency vehicles. The stars twinkle over the building and the moon shone onto the windows.
         “It’s quite beautiful, isn’t it?” Jenny asks, snapping my attention to her.
         Not only did the moon shine onto the windows, it shone onto her. It illuminated the fine features of her body. Her blonde hair was moving lightly with the gale, and her pale skin was gorgeous in the moonlight.
         “It is,” she says, barely opening her mouth.
         I plop myself down into a metal, black chair. Jenny is still staring out at the city, eyes open wide.
         I grab her hand, “It will still be there if you sit down, hon.”
         She giggles, “I know.”
         She sits down on the opposing chair to me, and crosses her legs. Her nose twitches, red from the cold, night wind.
         “Are you cold?” I ask, concern evident in my voice.
         “A little, but I’m fine—thank you.”
         I let out a content sigh and stare up at the stars. I look back down and see Jenny staring at me.
         “Take a picture- it lasts longer,” I wink.
         She rolls her eyes, “You have a booger coming out of your nose.”
         I blush, and bring my hand up to my nose. I feel around, but nothing is hanging out of it.
         She laughs, “Made you check!”
         “Yeah, well…”
         I look her up and down, trying to find an imperfection. After a minute of searching, I couldn’t find anything.
         “Damn it,” I whisper.
         She quirks her eyebrow, “Pardon me?”
         “Nothing.”
         I look into her eyes, and then I spot it.
         “You’ve got something on your eyes,” I say.
         “Knock it off—I don’t have anything in my eyes.”
         She looks around nervously.
         “Yeah, you do. I can see it.”
         “What do you mean?”
         I lean in closer to her and take a closer look.
         “You’ve got a sparkle in them.”
         She giggles, “You’re corny.”
         Then I notice I am about three inches from her face. I take in a quick breath of air and hope that she is thinking that same thing as I am. I stare into her eyes, seeing much more than the glowing orbs. I feel as if I can see the real her—the real Jenny.
         If you look close enough into someone’s eyes, you can practically feel their soul trying to enter yours. As I look deeper, I see that she has more in her heart than anyone else I have ever met. You can’t help but let your orbs flicker away from theirs, because it burns—but in a wonderful, loving way. My eyes flicker away and down to her plump, pink lips. I look back into her eyes and they’re twinkling like the stars above.
         I lean in close enough to feel her warm breath hitting my thin lips. I breathe in through my nose, noticing it now smelt like a mix of peppermint and beer. My lips brush against hers, but then I move away when I hear the sound of the glass door opening.
         I turn to see a much older version of me- my father. He walks out with my mum, her arm wrapped around his.
         “Oh, Jenny! I’m so glad you could make it—you look gorgeous!” My mum cheers, joining Jenny in a soft embrace.
         “Hello dad,” I say, shaking his hand.
         He nods his head, “Son, Jenny.”
         “Congratulations!” Jenny smiles.
         “Thank you! We’ve been waiting for our thirtieth anniversary for a while now,” Mum says, “haven’t we, Jim?”
         Father nods and takes in the sight of Jenny.
         “My wife is right, Jenny. You are looking rather beautiful tonight, just like the stars!”
         His German accent slips out past his lips; just like molasses out of a jar. Jenny blushes and grabs my hand.
         “Actually, we were just going inside—right Eric?” She asks, her stare boring into my eyes.
         “Yup.”
         Mum looks at my dad, “Oh, alright! See you guys later.”
         Jenny and I walk back into the crowded room.
         “Nice save,” I whisper in her ear.
         “How about that kiss?”
         “What?”
         “You were going to kiss me—weren’t you?” She asks, smiling.
         I grin and lean back in. I take her lips between mine, leaving them there for a couple of seconds. We both back out of it and have smiles on our faces.
         “That was nice,” I say.
         “It was.”


The author's comments:

I wrote this my sophomore year in the BCA at Goose Creek High School